Ruger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I left the Super Wallmart on South Duff Ave. in Ames Iowa about 15 minutes ago there was a box of 1,000 rounds of 5.56x45 Federal ammo waiting for someone to buy it.

Not sure who else is near here but wanted to give a sighting.

B2

·
Actually Sue's Husband
1,390 Posts
When I left the Super Wallmart on South Duff Ave. in Ames Iowa about 15 minutes ago there was a box of 1,000 rounds of 5.56x45 Federal ammo waiting for someone to buy it.

Not sure who else is near here but wanted to give a sighting.

B2
Do you remember what the price was??

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
At $350 I'm driving in from PA!!

·
Registered
503 Posts
My local Walmart today

has the 5.56 bulk pack sitting on the shelf. 1000 ct @ $447. 3 of them sitting on the shelf since yesterday I'm told. That is the same price that it was at Field and Stream earlier this month. I would say that price is fairly stable. People were asking if they would break up the pack and sell smaller quantities. No.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Eh, can get it for less online. Sportmen's Guide has a great sale right now.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Been sort of watching what prices are considered "good" for 5.56mm. Thinking about buying a rifle, trying to get a cost structure in my head. Wondering about finding bulk reloads or steel case. So far .44 per round looks to be a going rate.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Coming down, seeing good stuff sitting at 40 cents.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Best price I have seen was at Riley's in Hooksett, NH yesterday for under $400.00. Can't remember the exact price.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'd take it!
It would only be what a 6-7 hour drive one way for ya :D Actually I took it back in may for $409.00, XM183 Federal bulk pack.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Yeah, maybe too far for me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts