Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well aint nuttin special....

I finally got my newtome Marlin Glenfield 30A... I could tell the previous owner had a scope mounted on this lever gun. Well after a range session without optics I could see why. I was using Federal 170-gr JSP Hi-Shock ammo for my range session simply because I use 170-gr JSP ammo when hunting.

Well at 50 yards I centered my iron sights on the center of the bull... dang sights looked real fuzzy, and well all shots went to the right 8" [:0] Well I tried to tap the front sight over with no luck. Well I returned home and found an ol Tasco that I had, as well as my 336 scope rail that was still in its package. I know some of ya's are screamin NO NO.... about the scope going on my gun....

Well I did it, and that's my story and I'm sticken to it....

After a very short adjustment period.... 6 shots, we were centered at 50 yards. I figured not bad for a scope that is basicly locked down on magnification to 3X (can't adjust up to 9X).

Well the 15th was the last day on my 2006 membership to the indoor club, got to re-up my membership after I find another job.

So....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Quite often, the Marlins ship with a barrel over-tightened-lots of quality issues in the last year-see on marlinowners.com forum-that rifle needs help from the factory...one of the two best 30-30's should hit much straighter than that.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Purists cringe at the thought of putting a scope on a lever gun, but they’re not the ones that have to shoot it!

Nice report and good work.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I was going to try and get out this week-end since taking the scope back off... BUT NO, IT HAD TO SNOW making getting up to my aunt and uncles darn near impossible with out 4 WD.

Another day I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts