Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some comp time coming from work, so I took the afternoon off and headed for the indoor range. Great day at the range for reloaders...no one else was shooting. I swept up all the old brass around my station so I could find mine easier.

I shot 100 rounds of my .45 ACP reloads; 50 thru the KP97D and 50 thru the Taurus PT1911. Both shot really well, but the Taurus grouped them better. That may be because the KP97D has such a nasty single action trigger. It has 500 rounds thru it now and it is getting steadily worse. Iowegan gave me some ideas a while back on smoothing it up. I think I will call Ruger and see what they say before I decide whether or not to try it myself. (For a Ruger fanatic, I'm getting really fond of that Taurus.)

I also shot another 100 rounds thru the Kel-Tec PF-9. This is really weird. 50 rounds of plain, old WWB round nose stuff caused 5 failures to feed. 50 rounds of Remington JHP's functioned 100%. (I shot them last.) That's a total of 100 rounds of Rem with no failures. WWB shoots good in all my other 9mm's. I know I didn't limp wrist it...I was using a firm 2-hand hold and made a conscious effort to keep my wrists rigid every shot. I don't know if it is a difference in cartridge overall length or what. It sure seems [email protected]@-backwards. The Kel-Tec owners all recommend a 'fluff and buff' to assure reliability and I haven't done that yet. They have a whole procedure mapped out, but I think I will just polish the feed ramp a bit and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That's all it needs Rman. Now don't get carried away with a dermal tool and it don't have to shine like a new dime. I haven't touched my KT 3AT yet and as long as it keeps shooting like it is I will leave it alone. I shoot WWB and Magtech Guardian Gold in mine every other one. Works good in my gun. Good luck with her Rman.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts