Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on ODT web site for sale for only $775 I think it was. Walnut / Blued and 26" barrel..... I did not know they produced this version!
I have zero interest in belted magnums these days but what an odd #1 it is.

·
Registered
247 Posts
They've been producing the 1S in 7 Mag pretty much since Day 1.

My favorite No. 1 variation (but not caliber) by far, so I guess there's no accounting for taste. . .

I love my 1S's in 218 Bee, 222 (rechambered 218 Bee), 7 Mag, 300 Mag, 338 Mag, 32-40 (relined 7 Mag), 38-55 and 45-70.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If ODT = The OutDoors Trader, I think I found that No. 1 in 7mm magnum. I would have guessed also that most 7mm magnums were in the 1B configuration, with no sights and the semi-beavertail forearm. According to the J.D. Clayton book on the No.1, the 1S configuration in 7mm magnum was a catalog item from about 1970 through at least 1996, which is the last year covered in the book. Looks like the seller has reduced the price to $700.....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes $700 now....

Surprised it's not grabbed up by now. I've used up all my 'grabbing money' for now, and don't relish magnums much more these days.
A like new #1B in stainless laminate 7 mag floated around the same site for about $850 for a while....another one that should have sold at the price I thought.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm always looking for #1's, but am well past the magnum stage too. Now if it was a .250 Savage.......:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts