Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Guys,

Some photos of my 10/22 from 1964. Confirmed via factory letter. Interesting enough: I am only the third owner. Rifle is in “factory original” condition.

Nice old school Ruger. Definitely a tier above current production:

•Anodized receiver
•High luster blued barrel
•No warning labels
•Lyman sights
•Metal butt-plate & barrel band
•Metal trigger group
•Walnut stock
•Excellent fit and finish

Rugers serial number reference on their site is not 100% correct. At least, in terms to early 10/22’s. Which were shipped out of order. The factory letter was only $10.00. But, it took eight months.

Nice to have a first year production. I think though, near future, I will probably post it on Gunbroker.

Photograph Wood Trigger Shotgun Line
Font Book Circle Publication Paper
Wood Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory String instrument Shotgun
Wood Amber Air gun Trigger Rectangle

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
@Dannyjunkfish, your 10/22 appears to be excellent condition, congrats. That said what do you believe to be a fair price for it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Dannyjunkfish, your 10/22 appears to be excellent condition, congrats. That said what do you believe to be a fair price for it?
Good question. Not really sure. I read one person sold a 1964 NIB w/box for $2500. Crazy…

Read on a forum recently, someone got $900 for one.

I would think they would go anywhere from $400-800. Guess you just need the right buyer. They also never seem to come up for sale. Which is why it’s hard to pinpoint an exact value.

If I post it on GB, it will be a Penny auction, NR. Would be interesting to see. Still haven’t decided yet.

·
Registered
8,884 Posts
If I post it on GB, it will be a Penny auction, NR. Would be interesting to see. Still haven’t decided yet.
I truly believe it’s all about timing. I’ve seen V/T’s on GB go for $500 and two weeks later a similar rifle go for $850……..I’d test the waters here on the forum first, there may be buyer here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I truly believe it’s all about timing. I’ve seen V/T’s on GB go for $500 and two weeks later a similar rifle go for $850……..I’d test the waters here on the forum first, there may be buyer here.
Thanks, good idea. Appreciate the tip.

·
Registered
168 Posts
In the end it's just a 10/22 and the market is flooded with them. I don't know if I would have gone to the lengths to "letter" such a gun. But hey, why not...

·
Registered
920 Posts
Have a 66 and 68 10/22, both still like new. One spare like new walnut stock with metal band and buttplate and a couple of metal anodized trigger groups.
Not sure about the Lyman sights on either one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hello Guys,

Some photos of my 10/22 from 1964. Confirmed via factory letter. Interesting enough: I am only the third owner. Rifle is in “factory original” condition.

Nice old school Ruger. Definitely a tier above current production:

•Anodized receiver
•High luster blued barrel
•No warning labels
•Lyman sights
•Metal butt-plate & barrel band
•Metal trigger group
•Walnut stock
•Excellent fit and finish

Rugers serial number reference on their site is not 100% correct. At least, in terms to early 10/22’s. Which were shipped out of order. The factory letter was only $10.00. But, it took eight months.

Nice to have a first year production. I think though, near future, I will probably post it on Gunbroker.

View attachment 159815 View attachment 159816 View attachment 159817 View attachment 159818
I seen this on GB about 3 months ago, with the letter and all. I had bid on it, but it ended before i got back to it. Unfortunately i missed out on this one. Congratulations to the new owner whoever it is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm not sure mine was a '64 but I bought it around 1965 when I was 15 (with folks permission). Sold it to a fellow deputy for $50 around 1975. Kinda wish I hadn't done that.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
There is a lot of more modern guns I would part with before I would have sold this. I inherited an 80's vintage 10-22 carbine from my FIL and love it. I actually like it better than my more valuable Target model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts