Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Franklin Armory has released a new binary trigger for the 10/22.

For those of you that don't know what a binary trigger does it allows you to shoot two rounds with one trigger pull and release.

A selector will allow you to shoot semi or binary.

Some of my shooting partners have them on AR-15 and they are really cool.

Here is a link and you can read all about it. Franklin Armory releases new binary trigger for 10/22 platforms

·
Paw Paw
90 Posts
I saw it on 22 Plinksters Youtube feed. It is impressive, and I bet it sells out very quickly.
Not really practical for me. Factor that trigger into the reliability of the BX 25 mags and see what we get!

Dave

·
Registered
751 Posts
Does anyone know if the FRANKLIN ARMORY® BFSIII™ 22-C1 binary trigger might work in the PC Carbine or PC Charger? The internal parts are similar.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Throwing a lot of rounds down range fast is fun once or twice. Then u figure out someone has to buy a ton of mags and load them.

It's like a boat.....i'd love to have one BUT really happy to have a friend with one. ;)

Of course, YMMV.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I agree. There's no way I can afford to rapid fire 9mm. Even .22LR is a stretch. I was just wondering if it will work in the PC Carbine and PC Charger.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Fun? Maybe for the videos. Useful? Only if Vampires and Werewolves are fighting in the street in front of my house. Buy a trigger that costs more than my 10-22's? No. I have a Volquartsen 2 1/2 pound trigger in my 10-22 takedown. That was enough to spend, even though it was heavily discounted on sale.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Throwing a lot of rounds down range fast is fun once or twice. Then u figure out someone has to buy a ton of mags and load them.

It's like a boat.....i'd love to have one BUT really happy to have a friend with one. ;)

That's funny! I have three friends that have boats. When I'm invited to go I say no. Why, because I REFUSE to be a DECK HAND and buy gas.

They do more beer drinking than fishing and that's another reason. They get inebriated and want me to pilot the boat.
I don't like drinkers and drunks!

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Been seeing info on these and first thing I thought of was the bump-fire.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought of the same thing, BUMP Stock. You can turn off the binary though.

Could one turn off the Bump Stock? I've never seen one in person, just on videos.

If one continued shooting like the videos it would probably ruin your barrel.

I've shot 223 and AKs with the binary and what I've found is they are good for double taps then turn it off.

Those Bump Stocks ruined a lot of AR barrels. If your using a barrel made for fully automatic fire then your good to go.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I was thinking that multiple shots might be useful when squirrel and rabbit hunting but I remembered my 20 ga. pump shotgun does a great job ...maybe I don't really need one .
Gary

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
I thought of the same thing, BUMP Stock. You can turn off the binary though.

Could one turn off the Bump Stock? I've never seen one in person, just on videos.

If one continued shooting like the videos it would probably ruin your barrel.

I've shot 223 and AKs with the binary and what I've found is they are good for double taps then turn it off.

Those Bump Stocks ruined a lot of AR barrels. If your using a barrel made for fully automatic fire then your good to go.
My point is that they are just another way to push the line and may well be banned like the bump stock once the word gets around.
We don't need to keep handing them more "bans" to point to as being a president so they can keep chipping away.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

gwpercle

Registered

Joined Aug 9, 2013
2,196 Posts
#11 23 h ago
I was thinking that multiple shots might be useful when squirrel and rabbit hunting but I remembered my 20 ga. pump shotgun does a great job ...maybe I don't really need one .
Gary

I used to use a shotgun on rabbits but now I use a .22. They have a longer range, make less noise and I don't have to pick pellets out of the meat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My point is that they are just another way to push the line and may well be banned like the bump stock once the word gets around.
We don't need to keep handing them more "bans" to point to as being a president so they can keep chipping away.
You do have a great point!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I like them and its finally in a caliber I can afford to go out and have fun with.

·
Registered
229 Posts
👁 got lucky and ordered one from Franklin a few days ago. Planning on installing it in my “SPARE“ ~36 YO 10/22 Trigger Group Pack to make it ”swappable”, and using it in my two 10/22’s.
If there’s any problems don’t want to have a firearm down for any length of time.

Don’t want to touch the existing trigger packs on either carbine.😎

Reactions: SR-22 DRUM

·
Registered
515 Posts
Biggest reason the bump stocks got banned was because a nut case killed a lot of people with his. As long as some nut job doesn't put one in a 10/22 and go out and shoot a bunch of people I doubt that the binary trigger will get banned.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Biggest reason the bump stocks got banned was because a nut case killed a lot of people with his. As long as some nut job doesn't put one in a 10/22 and go out and shoot a bunch of people I doubt that the binary trigger will get banned.
Depending on the judgment of a "nut job" to NOT use one so they don't get banned doesn't seem like a solid position.
If they were limited to the 10/22 it would be one thing but I first read of them being available for the AR platform, just like the "nut job" used.
As long as a part of the gun community continues pushing the letter of the law like this it opens ALL of us up to being labeled as unreasonable and irresponsible especially to the uninformed portion of the population.
It hardly seems like the idea of experiencing whatever thrill some get from wasting ammo is worth the long term cost to all the rest of us.
I don't see the ban of the bump stock as bad except for the encouragement it gave to those who pushed it through. Every time they get a win they feel impowered and move on to their next step.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Depending on the judgment of a "nut job" to NOT use one so they don't get banned doesn't seem like a solid position.
If they were limited to the 10/22 it would be one thing but I first read of them being available for the AR platform, just like the "nut job" used.
As long as a part of the gun community continues pushing the letter of the law like this it opens ALL of us up to being labeled as unreasonable and irresponsible especially to the uninformed portion of the population.
It hardly seems like the idea of experiencing whatever thrill some get from wasting ammo is worth the long term cost to all the rest of us.
I don't see the ban of the bump stock as bad except for the encouragement it gave to those who pushed it through. Every time they get a win they feel impowered and move on to their next step.
Calling the guy a nut job was using a fairly polite term for him. I could have used several more terms to describe a person who had absolutely no regard for human life. It is people like that that has given a bad rap to gun owners. I never had a bump stock and never had a need to go through a couple hundred rounds of ammo as fast as I could pull the trigger. I did not shed any tears when they banned them. If a person has the money to waste on ammo that is their right as of now anyhow to blast away as long as they do not hurt anybody when they do.

·
Registered
68 Posts
There is really no comparison between a binary trigger and a bump stock. I have several of the Franklin triggers for my AR's. While you can dump ammo with both, the best practice for a binary is to use controlled pairs. The binary trigger as a very stable platform in the AR-15 while the bumpfire is bouncing around most of the time.

With practice you will find that you can hold the second shot, require the target or engage another target and then release. The release is often more accurate than the pull because there is less disturbance to the axis of the rifle. My Franklin's are an excellent trigger in both semi and binary. When I switch the lower to a dedicated .22lr it is a lot of cheap fun as well.

I have not heard yet if anyone has successfully put one of the 10/22 triggers in a PC Carbine but if it works I would be interested in upgrading my PC.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts