Ruger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Received the Franklin Binary Trigger today....
will be installing later this week and will report back...💥💥💥😁

Reactions: SR-22 DRUM

·
Registered
263 Posts
If I may ask, how log did it take to receive it ?
Took about 7 days...ordered it regular ground.
Installation took about 30 minutes. Need to run all the Dry Fire Function safety checks a second time then I will drop it in a receiver and give it a go.😎💥💥💥

·
Registered
263 Posts
So far the Franklin Binary trigger is working as advertised. Installation took about 1/2 hour.
It’s FASSST! 💥💥💥💥
I‘ve fired Aquila Super Extra CWRN and CWHP with the BX-1 10 round magazines and tri mag adapter.
Haven’t tried the larger BX mags yet but 👁 will soon!
Glad it’s also got the Semi selector too.
Definitely glad 👁 purchased this.💥💥💥💥😎

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So far the Franklin Binary trigger is working as advertised. Installation took about 1/2 hour.
It’s FASSST! 💥💥💥💥
I‘ve fired Aquila Super Extra CWRN and CWHP with the BX-1 10 round magazines and tri mag adapter.
Great, thanks for the update!! All the guys I know that have them use the binary option sparingly after the novelty wore off. It's a great double tap option to have for hunting. So why have it some may ask? You just have to try it and you'll know!!
Try not to burn that barrel up!! lol.

·
Registered
263 Posts
One thing the Binary trigger alerted me to. When 👁 serviced my BX-1 mags,

the screw that holds the magazine shell together was a little too tight...slowing down the feed speed. When the FTF (Fail to Feed) mag issue started, 👁 backed off a little on the assembly screw...and now it can feed as fast as the Binary trigger. 💥💥💥💥😁

·
Registered
263 Posts
Update:
All 7 of my BX-1 10 round magazines run the Binary mode with 0-Issues…even the original 36 year old magazine.
Had to adjust the feed speed in a few of them to keep up with the Binary speed…no biggie.
Never touched the magazine tension springs since my las servicing of all 7 mags…just the shell case screw.
So far…200 rounds of Aquila Super Extra RN and HP ammo.
The Trigger Group and housing I’m using is a spare that is ~36 years old…it fits fine.
Shooting out of a Stain (S) Less Steel 10/22 Takedown with ~16.40” barrel and flash hider attached.
Still focusing on tightening my double tap groups…getting tighter with each sesssion.
I have taken the Trigger Group out several times for inspection…everything new is in place…no signs of issues.
One thing to note to anyone purchasing The Franklin Binary Trigger:
You will have to remove BOTH Selector Paddles to remove the Receiver from the stock for Inspection, Cleaning, and Servicing…a small screw (a 1/16” Hex Key Included) holds them on. Not sure if I’m going to use Locktite on the screws as I clean my firearms a LOT.
Next test will be Mag dumping with a BX-25…which I’m not in a hurry to do for cost reasons…

image2983×1809 1.11 MB

image3774×924 745 KB

image3780×945 726 KB

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
It’s FASSST! 💥💥💥💥
FYI One of the guys I shoot with has one. When he installed his he substituted the Franklin bolt release with a Volquartsen Auto bolt release and it worked. Just something to consider.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fun? Maybe for the videos. Useful? Only if Vampires and Werewolves are fighting in the street in front of my house. Buy a trigger that costs more than my 10-22's? No. I have a Volquartsen 2 1/2 pound trigger in my 10-22 takedown. That was enough to spend, even though it was heavily discounted on sale.
I have to agree with you. For me it kind of defeats the purpose of an affordable rifle. The 10/22 is enough fun as it is

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
263 Posts
FYI One of the guys I shoot with has one. When he installed his he substituted the Franklin bolt release with a Volquartsen Auto bolt release and it worked. Just something to consider.
The Franklin Armory does have auto bolt release feature...😎

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The Franklin Armory does have auto bolt release feature...😎
I'll have to tell him that. When we looked at the nomenclature that came with the trigger item 20 on the break down calls it a Bolt catch. I've watched several shooters on youtube and no one ever seems to lock the bolt back after finishing a mag. They fire all the rounds then dry fire the last cock of the bolt, insert another mag, pull the bolt back and let it go.

So your saying that you can lock the bolt back then pull the bolt back a little and let it go? Or do you have to press the bolt release while pulling the bolt back to let it chamber the first round?

·
Registered
263 Posts
So your saying that you can lock the bolt back then pull the bolt back a little and let it go?
Yes. It’s not advertised with Franklin but it does. I confirmed it with them on the phone. Wish you’re friend put them side by side first and took a pic.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here’s a exploded diagram of the Franklin Bolt Catch part#20
and a picture of two stock Ruger Bolt Catches.

·
Registered
4 Posts
once you go binary... um yeah. careful with that dang safety switch spring during install Clear the room first and assure it cant hide.

I tooled out the chassis so the Franklin paddles do not have to be removed when service and cleaning on disassemble. It doesnt fire on release about 30% of the time.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 79 Posts