Ruger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I know a few people that have the binary and I agree at first it's a ammo eater BUT after having one for a while you sort of learn how to use them. MountainHunter is correct and has apparently gone through the change.
There is still that fun factor of dumping a mag once in a while especially with a 110 round drum.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
So continuing that logic, let's stop buying any firearms or accessories.
You an agitator or just missing the point on your very first post ???

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
So continuing that logic, let's stop buying any firearms or accessories.
I'm ecstatic to see you agree. (y) :ROFLMAO:
As long as those things are developed just to skirt the law I'd support that boycott.

Reactions: Maddmax

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know a few people that have the binary and I agree at first it's a ammo eater BUT after having one for a while you sort of learn how to use them.

I'm going to have to get one. I have a .22 conversion for my registered M11 NFA gun, but this is cheaper and easier. Besides, if it ruffles some fuddfeathers it's even better. Would be just the thing for a suppressed Charger.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if the FRANKLIN ARMORY® BFSIII™ 22-C1 binary trigger might work in the PC Carbine or PC Charger? The internal parts are similar.
N
Does anyone know if the FRANKLIN ARMORY® BFSIII™ 22-C1 binary trigger might work in the PC Carbine or PC Charger? The internal parts are similar.
No wont work but they have 1 out now for pc charger

·
Registered
325 Posts
I love that phrase "spray and pray", usually accompanied by the statement wasting ammo. Ill fully admit that full auto fire is shocking in the speed that your ammo is consumed, especially when coming from the mindset of firing 5 shots over the course of 4 or 5 minutes chasing those tiny little groups. Couple this with the fact that ammo prices have taken a hyoersonic flight to the stratosphere and yes, everytime I let go of 30 or 60 rounds of m855 I look around with that big stupid grin and think wow, that was fast
But to automatically tie the word wasteful to that or to lable it spray and pray I think is wrong. When firing full auto with an M4 (AR) , a 10/22 or whatever you dont HAVE to hold the funswitch until the magazine is empty. In fact, unless youre just out to ruin your barrel as fast as you can you shouldnt. But if you cant keep 30 rounds of 5.56 in a 6"-8" circle at 25 yards you may need a little more practice but its not hard and I can in no scenario imagine a 22RF being anything but utterly controllable in FA or doubletap mode of a binary trigger like Franklin is making. Simulating FA fire with one just looks to be a matter of practice and trigger control. Personally Id love to try one but not in my current, and only, 10/22.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I love that phrase "spray and pray", usually accompanied by the statement wasting ammo. Ill fully admit that full auto fire is shocking in the speed that your ammo is consumed, especially when coming from the mindset of firing 5 shots over the course of 4 or 5 minutes chasing those tiny little groups. Couple this with the fact that ammo prices have taken a hyoersonic flight to the stratosphere and yes, everytime I let go of 30 or 60 rounds of m855 I look around with that big stupid grin and think wow, that was fast
But to automatically tie the word wasteful to that or to lable it spray and pray I think is wrong. When firing full auto with an M4 (AR) , a 10/22 or whatever you dont HAVE to hold the funswitch until the magazine is empty. In fact, unless youre just out to ruin your barrel as fast as you can you shouldnt. But if you cant keep 30 rounds of 5.56 in a 6"-8" circle at 25 yards you may need a little more practice but its not hard and I can in no scenario imagine a 22RF being anything but utterly controllable in FA or doubletap mode of a binary trigger like Franklin is making. Simulating FA fire with one just looks to be a matter of practice and trigger control. Personally Id love to try one but not in my current, and only, 10/22.
This last Sunday we were at the pit shooting and one guy shows up with a full auto AK and AR. He builds them for Gov sub contractors. He asked us if we wanted to shoot one. I'm thinking it's going to cost me thirty bucks to dump a mag.
I've been there and done that so I declined.
Another friend and I watched about six guys take their turn at a man size target @ 50 yards. None of them could get more than two holes in the target.

My friend and I just looked at each other after each one was though and said, "well there goes thirty bucks".

A binary is much more controllable. I would choose a binary over full auto.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a Performance Center TCR22 Altamont last year which is 99% 10/22 and researched the possibility of modifying it to accept a Franklin binary trigger. After studying the procedure which I found on another forum I concluded that although it could be done, it was beyond my paygrade. So I found a local gunsmith who agreed to do it for sixty five dollars.. Six weeks later I got it back and it performs as advertised after a few minor tweaks. The seemingly defeated gunsmith told me he’d never do it again….which brings me to my question.
Just how difficult is it to install this trigger in a Ruger 10/22 Charger? I’ve replaced an AR trigger with a Tac-Con 3MR but that was a fairly simple drop-in. I’ve never actually taken one apart and re-built it which is what appears to be necessary with a binary trigger. Did I just use an incompetent gunsmith or is it really that difficult?
Thanks in advance for any response.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Just how difficult is it to install this trigger in a Ruger 10/22 Charger? I’ve replaced an AR trigger with a Tac-Con 3MR but that was a fairly simple drop-in. I’ve never actually taken one apart and re-built it which is what appears to be necessary with a binary trigger. Did I just use an incompetent gunsmith or is it really that difficult?
Thanks in advance for any response.
I installed a binary trigger in my PC Charger 9mm. The trigger groups are very similar and the installation process is pretty much the same. I had trouble with a couple of things, but the hardest part for me was installing the selector switch spring and detent. And i think I had a little trouble with the trigger return spring in the finger guard. There are some good Youtube tutorials on the subject.

I'll say this, installing the Franklin binary trigger in an AR is much easier.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I guess something like this is a good gimmick, & will prob sell. I just don't see it being practical in a .22 for . Kinda fist cousin to a bump stock, which I have no need for either. Gimmicks are fascinating to a lot of folks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess something like this is a good gimmick, & will prob sell. I just don't see it being practical in a .22 for . Kinda fist cousin to a bump stock, which I have no need for either. Gimmicks are fascinating to a lot of folks.
So was the wheel.
And it changed the world.
Trillions are sold every day for unlimited practical purposes.
Kinda like first cousin to the bearing. I've never met anybody who had no need for either one.
Wheels are fascinating to a lot of folks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I installed a Franklin binary trigger for both my AR-15 and 10/22.
Both were very easy. It takes about 10 minutes if you understand how the internals are fitted and function.
Both are a blast to shoot and have fun with. I am able to fire the 10/22 a lot faster because of no recoil. Also, obviously the 10/22 is a lot more accurate in binary because of no recoil.
Both have a semiauto selector too when you want to focus on the target.
They’re solely to have fun with. It’s not a good investment if youre looking something to protect you better.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts