Ruger Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Fun? Maybe for the videos. Useful? Only if Vampires and Werewolves are fighting in the street in front of my house. Buy a trigger that costs more than my 10-22's? No. I have a Volquartsen 2 1/2 pound trigger in my 10-22 takedown. That was enough to spend, even though it was heavily discounted on sale.
life isn't a game look around

·
Registered
5 Posts
Franklin Armory has released a new binary trigger for the 10/22.

For those of you that don't know what a binary trigger does it allows you to shoot two rounds with one trigger pull and release.

A selector will allow you to shoot semi or binary.

Some of my shooting partners have them on AR-15 and they are really cool.

Here is a link and you can read all about it. Franklin Armory releases new binary trigger for 10/22 platforms
Franklin Armory has released a new binary trigger for the 10/22.

For those of you that don't know what a binary trigger does it allows you to shoot two rounds with one trigger pull and release.

A selector will allow you to shoot semi or binary.

Some of my shooting partners have them on AR-15 and they are really cool.

Here is a link and you can read all about it. Franklin Armory releases new binary trigger for 10/22 platforms

·
Registered
5 Posts
New York’s 2019 Bump Stock ban added several definitions to the Penal Law including rapid-fire modification device, bump stock, trigger crank, binary trigger system and burst trigger system - so no binary triggers in NY State

·
Registered
258 Posts
I got a Binary Trigger for my 47-year-old 10/22. Actually the only things stock on the rifle is the bolt and receiver. everything else has been changed/upgraded. I just had to replace the original barrel as the flame erosion from close to 1/4 million rounds got me a widened bore about 6-8" from the muzzle. Yes, lead bullets will not wear a barrel out but flame erosion over time will. ( Patch cleaning bore has resistance to it until I got 6-8" from the chamber then all resistance was lost) then it got tight again until the chamber.)

I noticed after getting the trigger that the original older Aluminum receiver might take some filing to get the trigger to fit so I just opted for the BX trigger assembly to apply the Binary trigger so I can swap back out if it becomes illegal over time as some fast fire products for the 10/22 has happened.

NOTE If you get this trigger assy. go to the Box store Hardware places and buy a brand new 5/32" punch. It will become invaluable when installing the selector assy. YouTube search installing the trigger assy to see where that 5/32" punch is used.

I will try to post a few videos of my launching 1000 grains of lead in 2.7 seconds from a Ruger BX-25 magazine. I got the GSG drum as well as it does work with the Binary Trigger. Takes a while to load but if no dead rounds only about 10-12 seconds to unload.

25 round mag

110 round drum. 60 rds thru before a dead round.

A friend is helping. I think he got faster than 550-600 RPMs. Sounded closer to 700.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I had one and it operated like a champ.
It was a bit heavy for accuracy shooting the trigger is ok for general plinking but if you are going to try to use ot for.small groups then you will have to really work at it. 50 round and 100 rounds mags are the most fun. 25 just way to quick.

·
Registered
258 Posts
So today at the crack of dawn my buddy and I went the test the 10/22 Binary Trigger again. I had remembered when I purchased my Magnetospeed V3 that it had an RPM feature to it. I thought then what would you use this far except for timed target shoots. Well turns out it comes in real handy right now to find out the true RPMs the Binary Trigger allows. We tried it out today and also discovered my receiver must be a bit worn after close to a quarter million rounds thru it. It runs best when you hold the mag or drum up and forward while firing in Binary Mode. Our last two mags finding that out gave us the "25 shots detected" we were looking for. I got to an average of 568 RPMs and my buddy got it to 702 RPMs.

568 RPMs

702 RPMs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seen videos on them and they look pretty cool but again how often are you really gone use it. I would try one out but not buy one myself. Also seems a bit dangerous for the unseasoned shooter and even some seasoned shooters as well that dont get used to the fact that it fires again when you RELEASE the trigger. Makes for entertaining youtubes though.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
The trigger is very safe. It has three positions. One is safe the other is normal one pull one round, the next is binary pull back one round let go one round. You can switch to safety anytime
In otherwords lets say you are in binary . You pull the trigger and it fires a round. If you donot want to let the reset round go just put lever to safety while still holding the trigger.

I found it to be pretty cool. My reason for not keeping it was the trigger pull is heavy and it made making accurate shots while in normal trigger mode difficult.
If they were to make one with a lets say 2 pound pull i would be all over it again.
For plinking and the idea of possible suppressive fire then its worth it.
Personally i can pull the trigger with well aimed shots pretty fast if needed.

I do however have one on my ar15. Combat accuracy is ok and trigger seems nowhere near as heavy as the 22 trigger. Its great for double tap shots.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I think it had to do with being capable of throwing alot of rounds down range.
Some use these 22lr as a primary defense weapon. If you look at it from that point of view. Then rapidly empting 25 or 50 rounds in a 4 to 6 inch group 25 to 50 yards makes for a formidable weapon.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Agreed, the AR-15 is better at wounding. Battlefield dynamics on average are that a wounded soldier is equivalent to 2 KIAs. When using it for self-defense you want a michigan gun to throw a lot of rounds downrange, just in case the bad guys forget to run away.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a timney calvin trigger, barely have to pull the trigger at all, maybe 1.5 pound pull, I go through ammo fast enough. Living in NJ(10rd max) and I am sure there is something about binary triggers too. I prefer my bolt action rifles, use less ammo. Love 10/22, calvin trigger, scope, kidd bolt, bedded/floated stock, recoil buffer, auto-release plate and different handle, but I use 3x the ammo when shooting it, it gets expensive.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have a friend that has a binary trigger in his M&P 15-22. Watched him shoot a couple of mags but there were some FTFs.

I have a 10/22 Charger and have considered purchasing one. Saw earlier post it only took 30 mins to install. Other than seeing the recommendation to get a new 5/32 punch, what other mods are required?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I dont remember if there were any mods necessary for the 1022. If i i remember correctly it was pretty easy swap out.
I thought it was fun for a minute. The trigger pull is pretty heavy even compared to oem trigger. So biem3g accurate is a challenge . I sold mine. until they can come up with a lighter trigger for regular accurate shots it's kind if a waste if cash. You can do better with bx trigger and a tandemkross vitory trigger. Rapid well aimed shots are very achievable. Now you cant get as fast as the binary but quick enough. The most important thing to me is accuracy when needed. JMHO

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Have a friend that has a binary trigger in his M&P 15-22. Watched him shoot a couple of mags but there were some FTFs.

I have a 10/22 Charger and have considered purchasing one. Saw earlier post it only took 30 mins to install. Other than seeing the recommendation to get a new 5/32 punch, what other mods are required?

I installed one from Franklin Arms in my 9mm PCC Charger which is virtually the same trigger as the 10/22. LOL, I had to Google how to remove the OEM safety switch. Anyway, it took me several hours to install the new trigger. The written instructions were not very detailed and the photos were dark and blurry like they had been Xeroxed too many times.

But it has worked flawlessly and is a real hoot to shoot. I did a few mag dumps, but where it really shines is the ease of doing a double tap.

No other mods are required. 30 minutes to install? Maybe after you have done a few, but not the first one. The selector switch detent spring is what gave me trouble. Kept popping out and I had to go hunt for it, heh.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts