Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a stainless 10/22 [the one with the composite stock below] and have begun a few mods. Tonite the stock is in the shop getting a camo paint job. New picatinny rail and red dot are on the way. Camo sling will be added after the new stud is installed up front. Debating on the color, but the barrel and receiver might be getting a new cerakote skin. Might be bronze...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Modding is almost as much fun as shooting. Keep us posted on progress.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure is....Picatinny rail and red dot just hit the door and the stock has it's third coat of clearcoat drying now. Will be finished by dinnertime or so tonite and I will post pics.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I finally succumbed to the 10/22 tinkering fever.

Did several of the mods recommended on Rimfire Central:

Added a lug at the rear of the receiver that locks into a notch inletted into the stock and bedded. Pillar bedded the take down/action screw, free floated barrel.

KIDD bolt and charging handle, Tacsol V-barrel block, Green Mountain fluted bull barrel that was drilled and tapped for a Ron Power cantilever Picatinny scope base that screws into the barrel and the receiver, which eliminates the potential for the "bull barrel droop".
Yep... half the fun was doing the work and other half is enjoying the results at the range.

Hope you're enjoying your journey as much as I did with mine!

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow...that's a gorgeous stock and you've done a ton of work to it! Very nice.

Here's how mine turned out....

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts