Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can pick up an 10/22 second edition collectors for $260, OTD. This is the one with the peep hole rear sight and scope rail already mounted. I'm a 10/22 newbie and was wondering if this would be a good model for mounting a scope with see-through scope mounts? Also this seems like a fantastic price to me? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
It's a cool gun and that's a great price. I'm wondering if see-through sights will still allow you to get a sight picture with rear peep. Definitely an easy gun to scope with the rail and all.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My son has this rifle. Your price OTD is about right (I don't think it's a steal - but about average street price).

Yes - if you put see-through mounts on it you will be able to use the iron sights - but it depends on the mount as to 'how much' you'll be able to see. In looking at his rifle, we went through the same thoughts and determined they'd have to be pretty high mounts to make the irons viewable. Please note these are our thoughts based on how we shoot, etc. YMMV.

We (as a family) have purchased 2 10/22's in the past 3 months and this particular model is the best. Stock is great allowing you to use American Rimfire stock inserts and the feel of the American style stock is just grand.

Buy it - you won't go wrong. Give it a good cleaning and lube before shooting and check that all the sight mounting screws and stock screw are TIGHT - his were all loose from the factory.

FYI - his shoots ragged holes at 25 yards with the iron sights with American Eagle 38 grain ammo. CCI 40 grain standard velocity ammo opens up just a bit. It's a shooter and he's quite happy with it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Great rifles. I have a contest winner with the same sights. I shoot scope, red dot, and iron sights just change them. The red dot with low mount works great with the low comb. I use the high comb for scope shooting. I have had good results changing sights and maintaining zero. I would buy another if I had the money.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went ahead and purchased the collectors edition. I didn't realize the $260 price (235.43 rifle + 9.95 fees + 14.13 tax) also includes a $25 gift certificate from Ruger, making the cost of the rifle $210. Couldn't resist that.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Went ahead and purchased the collectors edition. I didn't realize the $260 price (235.43 rifle + 9.95 fees + 14.13 tax) also includes a $25 gift certificate from Ruger, making the cost of the rifle $210. Couldn't resist that.
That's a great find..... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts