Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, I just joined. I am building my first custom 10/22, Im looking for a aftermarket reciever.
maybe a KIDD, or tacticalsolutions?

This is what i have bought so far....

BOYDS The World's Foremost Supplier of Hardwood Gunstocks.
BLASTER RUGER® 10/22® 920 BARREL CHANNEL ROYAL JACARANDA LAMINATE (FINISHED)

Welcome to Kidd Innovative Design - Why Be Average? (830) 557-KIDD(5433) aka KIDD
CNC .22 bolt - matte black w/
51 Cocking Assembly, Silver.

Ruger 10/22 1022 10-22 10 22 Accessories - R&S Precision Sports
Carbon Fiber Tension Barrel Threaded End - Stainless 1/16 twist

Timney Triggers
Timney 10/22 complete trigger assembly

Just need to get a reciever, v-block, bi-pob, an a scope. Any suggestions on scopes?
I just use a 3x9x40 on my "squirle" stock 10/22.

Like i said this is my very first build ever. let me know how im doing....

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
If you gotta go aftermarket, go Kidd. Of course unless you're gonna go with an equally good barrel, action, optics, etc, it's a waste. Unless you're going after every last fractional inch on target, you'll be quite well served by a factory one.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
As for optics, again, if you're going with the better components, do so with the scope too. Usually I use Mueller as a minimum but prefer Burris for the better builds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BlkHawk73 If you gotta go aftermarket, go Kidd. Of course unless you're gonna go with an equally good barrel, action, optics, etc, it's a waste. Unless you're going after every last fractional inch on target, you'll be quite well served by a factory one.
As for optics, again, if you're going with the better components, do so with the scope too. Usually I use Mueller as a minimum but prefer Burris for the better builds.
Thanks.
I don't have to go all aftermarket, but I figured what the hell iv already spent this much on aftermarket parts, I might as well make it 100% custom.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Thanks.
I don't have to go all aftermarket, but I figured what the hell iv already spent this much on aftermarket parts, I might as well make it 100% custom.
Spending $ isn't necessarily the object, nor a given for better. Like I said many times, unless you're gonna go top tier on everything, going there for only some parts is a waste. Good choice on the bolt, trigger is good but kinda curious about the barrell. I hear nothing about those which isn't really a promising thing.
Another aspect of going top tier or as you see it, spending a lot, is doing the build right. That means bedding and such.

Not wanting discourage you but have seen many folks want one thing yet spend way more than is really necessary to get what they want in performance. Some want Ferarri performance on a Chevette budget while others would be well suited with what can be done on a Chevette budget yet believe they need the Ferarri. Have done both and in between many times over - 16 or so now I guess. A lot can be done if one has patience to see what they want and need and separate them somewhat. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spending $ isn't necessarily the object, nor a given for better. Like I said many times, unless you're gonna go top tier on everything, going there for only some parts is a waste. Good choice on the bolt, trigger is good but kinda curious about the barrell. I hear nothing about those which isn't really a promising thing.
Another aspect of going top tier or as you see it, spending a lot, is doing the build right. That means bedding and such.

Not wanting discourage you but have seen many folks want one thing yet spend way more than is really necessary to get what they want in performance. Some want Ferarri performance on a Chevette budget while others would be well suited with what can be done on a Chevette budget yet believe they need the Ferarri. Have done both and in between many times over - 16 or so now I guess. A lot can be done if one has patience to see what they want and need and separate them somewhat. :)
No its all good, (like i said its my very first build, an it is really the first an only model of gun iv ever wanted to build. I know it wont be my last!!:) I just sold 12 firearms outta my collection an thought it was time to build.

I am also curious about the barrel tho. Worse comes to worse I will buy one from Greenmountain or some one else. I went to are 3 local ffl/dealers they all told me they cant order a stock receiver from Ruger, do to back orders.

I did locate a nice used stock 10/22 for $200. I think I will
just buy it an use the receiver. I would take apart my personal one, but I use it for raccoon, rabbit, an squirrel hunting.

Lol idk i just want a nice custom 10/22, only one way to learn right...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am building a 100% a/m 10/22. I have on order a tactical solutions receiver. It has been on b/o for a month. Its due in on Wednesday. Which is okay cause I'm still waiting on the stock anyways. That takes 6 weeks to get.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
That used one is high for here but prices indeed vary. It'll serve you just fine. Got questions or concerns along the way, ask away. Got a bunch under my belt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That used one is high for here but prices indeed vary. It'll serve you just fine. Got questions or concerns along the way, ask away. Got a bunch under my belt.
Thanks. I will definitly ask. I got my kidd parts today! :)
Looks like every thing else should be here monday! I cant wait.
thanks again Blkhawk73

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm very interested in the purchase of a receiver and the buildup you folks are talking about.

I tried to get a receiver, but couldn't buy just the receiver. That is the one part that has to be registered and purchased like a full-on gun in California. So I just bought the cheapest gun I could get in order to be able to get the receiver.

Or maybe I don't know all the crazy laws as well as I should.

Please keep us posted so I can track all this--I'm building my own and have a lot to learn. I've appreciated a lot of good advice from BlckHawk on the matter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yea the tac solutions receiver I have on order i bought on E A Browns web site and had to have it shipped to a local FFL dealer. I'm in maryland.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts