Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've heard two theories:

1. Sagging sales.

2. Problems with long-term durability of some of the components.

They were a great idea, but they weren't cheap. Used ones are really going up in price, and the last time I looked on GB my eyeballs almost fell out of my head.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
bring em back,, some did say action fouling cus of messy powder but the new stuff be better

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I think the problem is the expense of the ammo. Twentytwo long rifle is cheap but the mag ammo is expensive. And now we have .17 Hornaday.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I can shoot my Mini 14 with cheap steel-cased ammo for around 25-35 cents per round depending on bulk rates, etc (TulAmmo, which my Mini eats up, is about $5 per box with tax at my local Walmart, which is 25 cents per round). A 22 Magnum runs around 20-30 cents per round when buying in bulk. CCI Maxi-Mags at Ammotogo.com run about 21 cents per round when buying 500 at a time.

For that price, I'll shoot my Mini all day long. Not to mention, I bought a brand new Mini, Hogue Stock, 2 20-Round Magazines and some ammo for less than the asking price on the 10/22 Magnum alone on GB. I'll stick with my standard 10/22 and 22/45 for .22LR and I'll go with a .223 for a bigger cartridge. If I understand it correctly, the .223 is similar to the 22 MAG in terms of velocity, is it not?

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I can shoot my Mini 14 with cheap steel-cased ammo for around 25-35 cents per round depending on bulk rates, etc (TulAmmo, which my Mini eats up, is about $5 per box with tax at my local Walmart, which is 25 cents per round). A 22 Magnum runs around 20-30 cents per round when buying in bulk. CCI Maxi-Mags at Ammotogo.com run about 21 cents per round when buying 500 at a time.

For that price, I'll shoot my Mini all day long. Not to mention, I bought a brand new Mini, Hogue Stock, 2 20-Round Magazines and some ammo for less than the asking price on the 10/22 Magnum alone on GB. I'll stick with my standard 10/22 and 22/45 for .22LR and I'll go with a .223 for a bigger cartridge. If I understand it correctly, the .223 is similar to the 22 MAG in terms of velocity, is it not?
The mag is only about 2,000 fps and the .223 is right at 3,000 I believe.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have to say so true to all of it. I like the mag great small game round. I have several 10/22 and 1 in 17mach 2 great little round. Easy gun to trick out. Just wish to have a mag in one or even a 17hmr would be cool.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I had heard bolt durability issues with the 10-22 magnum. Plus you had to field strip it after just 50 rounds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts