Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but who can splain to me why Ruger felt there would be a market for the "man-licker" stock 10/22? Personally, I think it is ugly. Looks like something some second rate army in Eastern Europe would carry.

And that's exactly the bigger point. Ruger is an American company that takes pride in making firearms here in America. Notable among their recent newer offerings are the SR1911 and the Ruger American Rifle. Just seems weird to make a Euro-flavored 10/22 right now.

Meanwhile, try to find a regular sporter with a walnut stock. They are really scarce.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
As you said...Individual likes and dislikes make the difference.
I currently have Four 10-22's
I Have photos of All Four..each has it's own 'identity'

1. The Stealth Edition- All Matte Black with glow-nite sights

2. The International. I do like the looks-

3. A standard 10-22 in a Thumbhole "Yukon" Stock. I like the way this one handles.

4. Finally, I recently got a TARGET 10-22, with Bull-Barrel, Compensator, and Hogue Stock

So my advice is make one look the way you like it, and ignore what others think or say...works for me.
AL

·
Registered
129 Posts
303lithgow is wrong, so wrong! The Yukon stock 10/22 is hideous beyond measure. Ship it to me and I'll even pay the shipping fee.

What a deal!
:):):)

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I found the photos of the All Black version. I edited it into the display above. It's ok, but I don't care much for the feel of the synthetic stock. May find another exotic Yukon-style for it...The Red, White, and Blue sort of appeals to me now.

How about this- real patriotic, Ehhh?

·
Banned
359 Posts
De gustibus non disputandum. The full-length stock has been on beautiful hunting rifles for over a century. Practically, it does protect the barrel when stalking through the bush.

I think the Internationals are beautiful, especially with a well-figured walnut stock.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I found the photos of the All Black version. I edited it into the display above. It's ok, but I don't care much for the feel of the synthetic stock. May find another exotic Yukon-style for it...The Red, White, and Blue sort of appeals to me now.

How about this- real patriotic, Ehhh?
I don't care for the style of stock but must admitt that is beautiful to look at.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think it's a thing of beauty, I've currently got one with the grey laminate full length stock on layaway at my local gunshop. And someday I will have a Ruger M77 RSI International in my collection. Love the look and feel of it...... but to each his own I always say.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Ruger made International version 10/22s before. They just decided to make them again, nothing new. I lke the looks okay, but not the added weight. My Sporter is more to my taste.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but who can splain to me why Ruger felt there would be a market for the "man-licker" stock 10/22? Personally, I think it is ugly. Looks like something some second rate army in Eastern Europe would carry.

And that's exactly the bigger point. Ruger is an American company that takes pride in making firearms here in America. Notable among their recent newer offerings are the SR1911 and the Ruger American Rifle. Just seems weird to make a Euro-flavored 10/22 right now.

Meanwhile, try to find a regular sporter with a walnut stock. They are really scarce.
what do you mean "right now?" I've had one for 15 years. This is nothing new

·
Registered
9 Posts
Redmond I saw this at my local gun shop yesterday. :eek: And I thought the price was really good. $339.99 Mine which is the walnut stock mannlicher was $315. So it's almost comparable. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Like those Mannlicher stocks

Well, I personally like things that are a bit different, so today, I did in fact buy a Mannlicher stocked 10-22, actually with the black laminated stock. Yes, it is somewhat different but that is what makes the world go round... there was a time when most long guns had stocks that came almost to the end of the barrels... BTW,,, this is my first post... been buying, shooting and collecting Rugers since the early 60's... IMHO one of the top 3 companies in the gun business, I'll let you figure the other two...:cool:

Same one as chez323... only I am gonna put a small 4X scope on it... $329.00 at Dancer Gun Shop, Colonial Heights, Va....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts