Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
10/22 Mannlicher TALO exclusive

Found a Ruger model 11104 new at a gun show this morning. Beautiful TALO exclusive version of the International with a walnut stock with cheek rest and basket weave checkering. Before I break something, I see there is a screw on the bottom of the cap on the front of the stock. Must that be removed to remove the barrel and action from the stock? Or does that simply retain the cap on the stock? Also, anything special I need to know about the Mannlicher stock rifles?

·
Registered
417 Posts
anything special I need to know about the Mannlicher stock rifles?
I and many others see them as pure eye candy....I have a Ruger 10/22...mannlicher…..a Ruger 77/308 RSI (mannlicher)...and two CZs 22 and a 223...in mannlicher stocks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was quite upset when CZ dropped every single Mannlicher stocked rifle from their catalog for 2019. When the 457 rimfire line was introduced, it was greatly reduced in variants and the Mannlicher totally vanished. I am hoping they bring it back in the future. I am a CZ guy and would love to have a bolt gun with a Mannlicher stock from them.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I love the look of the Mannlicher stocks, but I’m curious - are they any less accurate with a full length stock? It seems free floated barrels are advertised so much, could this deter buyers from the full length stocks?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I've read, accuracy seems unaffected.

Is the screw that goes through the muzzle cap into the bottom of the barrel or can the stock be removed without removing that screw? I don't want to break anything.

Also, realized I spelled Mannlicher wrong in the title of this thread. Oops.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I really like the look of them. My fav local shop had a couple in stock, and they were new, but cost like $100 more than a standard one, and I didn't feel like spending the extra at the time i bought my laminated stock 10/22

·
Registered
32 Posts
snip...

Is the screw that goes through the muzzle cap into the bottom of the barrel or can the stock be removed without removing that screw? I don't want to break anything.

snip...
Here is your answer, since I believe showing is better than telling. This apparently the only video of a 10-22 w/ that stock. Just remove the extra periods (dots) to use it. Otherwise it wouldn't copy over.

...https:...//www....youtube...com/watch?v=ElCMSgZ2P_s...

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I would remove the screw and make sure that it has to be or doesn't have to be removed.
No sense taking a chance . Use a few drops of penetrating oil and a proper fitting screw driver .
I don't have a 10/22 Mannlicher so I can't say but I have always wanted one .
The nose cap on my custom 7X57 Mauser with a Mannlicher stock does have to be removed before the barreled action can be removed from the stock...in fact it's the first thing you have to do .
Gary

·
Registered
734 Posts
The nose cap on my custom 7X57 Mauser with a Mannlicher stock does have to be removed before the barreled action can be removed from the stock...in fact it's the first thing you have to do .
Same with my Sako Mannlicher stocked L461 in .222 Magnum. Some years ago, I lost that darned screw and have played a 9-inning game trying to find a replacement. YMMv, Rod

·
Registered
82 Posts
I received the Talo Ruger Model 1265 (checkered walnut Mannlicher, blued steel) for Christmas. This about 45 years after my late father bought me first Ruger when I was 14, the standard carbine. I am absolutely thrilled with it, even has a bit of tiger stripe in the butt stock.

It balances great for me off shoulder. Unlike my std carbine I seem to be able to hold this one real steady. And while I have a nice full sized fixed 4 power on my std carbine I'm keeping my Talo with the open sights. It's not easy with declining vision but I can actually hit stuff with this baby. This was the 10/22 my buddy and I always liked since we were kids. Blessed to have it now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm a sucker for Mannlicher stocks! My stainless 10/22 sports a black laminated full stock and my M77RSI in 6.5x55 is a Lipsy's 1 of 500. Both tack drivers as well. M77 has Nikon glass, 10/22 has a cheapo red dot.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts