Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just got my Model 1149 10/22 today. 22" stainless barrel . Shoots sweet!!!! BUT....had MAJOR feed issues with the Ammo I was using today. Federal 36 gr hollow points. The tip of the projectile was not feeding into the chamber well at all....many jammed and deformed before entering chamber. When I held the Magazine up in the front......feed was perfect. Used two different mags...but only had one kind of ammo. Was frustrating...but I read here...somewhere that "some 10/22s can hate some ammo"...and other will eat up any ammo you feed it. :mad::mad::mad:
Mags seem too loose...IMHO. Anyone????

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Congrats on the new 10/22 just got my Black Synthetic a few weeks ago! I have shot about 300+ rounds so far. CCI HP, Remington Gold HP and I forgot lol HP All shot well with a couple FTFs .. It could be the ammo ,I read soame articles as well that mentioned it. Also check the magazines , there may be a small burr in the feed ramp. That's all I can think of but I am also new to the 10/22 . I sure the long time owners will help more.. Also WELCOME to the group

·
Registered
8 Posts
On March 8th I received my new 10/22 Model 1102 Sporter. It had many FTF, and FTE problems so I sent it back to the Ruger Company 9 days ago. Still have not gotten it back yet, but will advise the outcome when it does.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Welcome to the forum, OP.

I'd first try cleaning and lubing it, and then shooting it again with some different ammo, but to be honest, I'm not optimistic. In think you will need to call Ruger. The general rule with a 10/22 is that it should run reliably with any .22 lr ammo.* If it doesn't, it's broke and it needs to go back to Ruger. They will quickly repair or replace your gun.

*Note: "liking" ammo is not the same as cycling it reliably. A 10/22 should shoot everything reliably, but it will likely be a lot more accurate with some ammo brands than with others.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hmmm First problems with feeding with the new R/A bolts and now I hear of BS with 10/22s. As mentioned before my R/A 22 mag Compact had trouble feeding the final round out of the original magazine. Got a replacement and it seemed to solve the problem. Can't help but think of that old saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it" Had a 10/22 made in the 60s once that reliably chambered everything I fed it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Interesting I have the same gun same problem. If fact it is my second gun, Ruger had me send the first one back and sent a new one out. Lol same problem. Yup if you push up they seem to feed.

I have found that if I put three layers of 3m masking tape on the back of the mag just below the plunger it seems to help tighten things up.

Also I am trying to find out if the hex bolt on the front of the mag with a round head, should be slipping into that hole in the receiver. Mine does not line up. I would think should, sorta of a line up pin. I will check a friends gun tomorrow and see if his does.

Maybe some of you guys can check yours and let us know. As on mine the hole in the receiver is drilled to high up from bottom. This may be a quality issue Ruger is having.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, my new 1234 has yet to be fired as won't chamber 5 different ammo from 5 different Ruger BX-1 mags. Talking to Ruger tomorrow.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Checked the friends Ruger 10/22 and the mags slip right into the hole. I believe I have found my problem.

See the tread she won't load hollow points.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts