Ruger Forum banner

10/22 question from Halifax, Nova Scotia

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  North country gal 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm hoping somewhere here can shed some light on my new Ruger 10/22.

I thought I was getting a synthetic stock 10/22 carbine, with 37" overall length and an 18.5" blued barrel.

The rifle I received has the black synthetic stock, but overall length is 38 1/2" and the barrel is 20" from muzzle to front of bolt (19 1/4 " visible).

I can't find this gun anywhere, not even the Ruger site. The only 20" barrel there is the target model, which this presumably is not (it's a thin blued barrel and price was under $300 new.)

Does anyone here recognize what model this might be?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Yes, I'll take one now.

I bought it new, over the phone, from Guns n Games in Alberta, Canada.

I WAS going to butcher it for an Archangel Nomad kit, but seeing this lovely .22, with its 38 1/2" overall length and 20" barrel, I don't really want to do that any more.

Let me try this pic...thanks for your reply.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
No issues...it's a great looking little rifle...but it WAS meant for a Nomad kit, that really is meant to have the 18.5" barrel.

The reply from the store is "all 10/22s are the same, we must have ordered some with longer barrels"...

Discussion starter · #7 ·
I can't figure out the darn photo thing, it won't let me paste.insert, just enter a URL (?)...I'll have to try later.

It looks like the "carbine" must have been available with a 20" barrel. There is no mnetion, that I can find, on the Ruger site of this possibility though.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Ahhh...the box ALSO says MODEL 10/22RPBF which turns out to be a "20" blued barrel" version of the regular rifle. Still don't know if it's a carbine, compact, all-weather, target or tactical...those being the choices in the catalog...and mine looking like none of them.

It's a bit confusing to me, and with this being my first rifle, lol, I guess I know what to ask for next time.

Thanks, guys - I'll have a poke around the site, see what I can learn.

Cheers
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.