Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might be familiar w/ the issues I've had removing the stock sights from my Ruger 10/22 Carbine. After giving it one final try this past weekend I finally gave up & contacted Ruger. As expected, they have issued me a shipping label for return of the rifle. Now I have made several internal modifications to the rifle, inc. a new bolt stop, auto bolt release & a new extractor. My question is this: should I remove these parts & reinstall the factory parts before shipping the rifle back to Ruger? I am not concerned that Ruger will find them to be an issue, as these modifications function perfectly, & have absolutely nothing to do w/ the sights clinging to the barrel w/ the grip of grim death. However, should they replace the barrel & receiver, I will lose the aftermarket parts. That would suck, but so would having to tear up the rifle, removing & installing parts, only to do so yet again once the sight issue is resolved. Just sending the barrel is not an option, as the rifle is identified by the serial number stamped on the receiver. The entire unit must be sent. Any thoughts you all have would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Those parts aren't exactly a time consuming, difficult task to remove not is it "tearing it up". 15 minutes tops to do it. While these parts don't have anything to do with your sight issue, Ruger will go through the gun regardless and where as these aren't factory, good chance they will remove them and replace with factory parts. It's a CYA thing.

·
Banned
402 Posts
Say good by to the after market parts, you will not see them again.
You will get a stock gun back.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I figured. Might as well take the time to pull 'em out, then. Thanks.

·
Registered
824 Posts
If you want to keep your aftermarket parts then I'd advise you remove them before you ship the gun back to Ruger...

They will remove them...I have no clue as to what they do with them...you won't get them back...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not afraid of taking the rifle apart a couple more times. I did so when I installed the aftermarket parts in the first place, & it wasn't all that difficult. But as for doing it again ... I just don't wanna. I suppose this is more a case of my becoming older & lazier than anything else. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts