Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to check the serial number of my 10/22 against the Ruger list. It's not there..!!

Mine has the first three numbers as 246 - ***** but the Ruger list shows only numbers prefixed 240, 243, 245, 247 and 249.

Is there any other place I can check rather than contact Ruger? Being the other side of the Atlantic really doesn't help either..

All suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I would guess yours to be a 1997 year of shipping.
From the Ruger website:
"240-92928 1995
243-44458 1996
245-74954 1997
247-34572 1998
The above chart shows the approximate first serial number shipped for the indicated year. This number should be used as a point of reference only. It is not necessarily the very first serial number shipped, but it can be used to determine the approximate year your Ruger® firearm was shipped. Ruger does not necessarily produce firearms in serial number order. There are occasions when blocks of serial numbers have been manufactured out of sequence, sometimes years later. Also, within a model family the same serial number prefix may be used to produce a variety of different models, all in the same block of serial numbers. In some cases, firearms may be stored for a length of time before they are shipped. For Letters of Authenticity, please download and mail in the Request for Letter of Authenticity form. The Letter of Authenticity lists the serial number, ship date, model and caliber. We are unable to provide any information beyond that."
https://ruger.com/pdf/letterOfAuthenticity.pdf

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
For only $10.00 , unless the price has changed , you can get a nice letter with the ship date and configuration it left Ruger .
I got one for my Blackhawk and it's nice looking .
Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts