Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering converting my Black polymer/Stainless 10/22 to a tactical stock with the pistol grip and collapsible stock and have found a few online including the Blackhawk Axion R/F, ATI AR-22, Choate CMT-07-01-52.
Just wondering if anyone has made this type of conversion with any of these stocks or any I might have missed in my search.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Samson makes a very cool "B-Team" folder for the 10-22s. I am so close to buying one for my 10-22 carbine it is dangerous.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Something I have thought about. Charger plastic stock with AR adapter, tube and folder kit from S&P. Use a standard AR butt stock instead of the brace. Since it has a 16" or longer barrel it is not a braced pistol. I figure if I cant keep my braced charger I would throw a longer barrel on it and make it a rifle. I could then replace the brace with the AR butt stock.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I have the Archangel AA556-ex, and it looks like a standard AR-15 stock, will handle a factory receiver, and a standard or Bull barrel, and it's only about $140.
I went through a similar thought process as you, and I like my choice. Full rail on top, stiff polymer construction, adjustable stock (I am told it can accept standard AR-15 butt stock replacements), has storage in the grip, and it's light.
I looked at the Krinker plinker, the old SR22 stocks, gungner, there was someone making an alluminum one for like $350, and I have had the Butler creek folder (flexy and not great but look cool), and the choate tool folder is a little better.

The Archangel AA556-ex is cheaper than a lot, pretty easy to install, and well worth the price point. I have a couple videos on it.

Reactions: MadViking

·
Registered
760 Posts
Natchez, Grab a gun, and others have the AA556-EX for arouns $110 right now.

Reactions: MadViking

·
Registered
63 Posts
I can’t remember which one this is. The Blackhawk Axiom if I remember correctly. Based this off of one someone else had because I wanted something really light weight. It wasn’t quite complete in this picture but the rifle comes in under four pounds with the optic and a loaded magazine.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I have a choate stock that I’ve had for 25+ years and just love it.
The choate folder was high on my list when I was looking.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Never understood why Butler Creek stopped making their folding stocks.

The Samson BTM folders are pretty cool. I had one on a GB Mini.

I had this Butler Creek multitudes of years. It's a tab bit shorter now thou.

And I thought I had a shorty

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah, my 10/22 is pretty small.

I'm looking at replacement stocks. I have the old school wooden carbine stock on mine. But, I saw the link for the Nachez $100 Archangel. Tempting. But I also want a collapsible stock and/or takedown for portability and so on.

·
Registered
544 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have the Archangel AA556-ex, and it looks like a standard AR-15 stock, will handle a factory receiver, and a standard or Bull barrel, and it's only about $140.
I went through a similar thought process as you, and I like my choice. Full rail on top, stiff polymer construction, adjustable stock (I am told it can accept standard AR-15 butt stock replacements), has storage in the grip, and it's light.
I looked at the Krinker plinker, the old SR22 stocks, gungner, there was someone making an alluminum one for like $350, and I have had the Butler creek folder (flexy and not great but look cool), and the choate tool folder is a little better.

The Archangel AA556-ex is cheaper than a lot, pretty easy to install, and well worth the price point. I have a couple videos on it.

How do you like the Archangel? This is one I am considering.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After careful consideration (and a little bit of schmoozing to the wife), instead of getting a tactical stock for my 10/22 I decided to go all the way and picked up this beauty.
It's the Walther Hammerli TAC R1 22LR. Going to put on a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot on a UTG 0.83" riser mount to cowitness with the stock MBUs that came on the rifle and also install a short pic rail on the bottom of the hand guard to mount a bipod.
Construction is top quality. Has aluminum upper and lower receiver, aluminum hand guard, collapsible stock on an aluminum "buffer tube", and full length rail on top of the receiver and hand guard. Field strips basically the same as an AR-15 except the trigger group is different. The ejection port has a working dust cover. Trigger pull about the same as a 10/22. Also has an internal adjustment so the bolt speed can be regulated for standard or high velocity ammo.
My only beef so far is it only comes with a ten round magazine. 20 and 30 round mags are available that are compatible with the HK 416 and other similar rifles and I have a 20 rounder on order from HKparts.net for $30.
Hope to get to the range soon.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts