Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering converting my Black polymer/Stainless 10/22 to a tactical stock with the pistol grip and collapsible stock and have found a few online including the Blackhawk Axion R/F, ATI AR-22, Choate CMT-07-01-52.
Just wondering if anyone has made this type of conversion with any of these stocks or any I might have missed in my search.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Samson makes a very cool "B-Team" folder for the 10-22s. I am so close to buying one for my 10-22 carbine it is dangerous.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Something I have thought about. Charger plastic stock with AR adapter, tube and folder kit from S&P. Use a standard AR butt stock instead of the brace. Since it has a 16" or longer barrel it is not a braced pistol. I figure if I cant keep my braced charger I would throw a longer barrel on it and make it a rifle. I could then replace the brace with the AR butt stock.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have the Archangel AA556-ex, and it looks like a standard AR-15 stock, will handle a factory receiver, and a standard or Bull barrel, and it's only about $140.
I went through a similar thought process as you, and I like my choice. Full rail on top, stiff polymer construction, adjustable stock (I am told it can accept standard AR-15 butt stock replacements), has storage in the grip, and it's light.
I looked at the Krinker plinker, the old SR22 stocks, gungner, there was someone making an alluminum one for like $350, and I have had the Butler creek folder (flexy and not great but look cool), and the choate tool folder is a little better.

The Archangel AA556-ex is cheaper than a lot, pretty easy to install, and well worth the price point. I have a couple videos on it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Natchez, Grab a gun, and others have the AA556-EX for arouns $110 right now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I can’t remember which one this is. The Blackhawk Axiom if I remember correctly. Based this off of one someone else had because I wanted something really light weight. It wasn’t quite complete in this picture but the rifle comes in under four pounds with the optic and a loaded magazine.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a choate stock that I’ve had for 25+ years and just love it.
The choate folder was high on my list when I was looking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Never understood why Butler Creek stopped making their folding stocks.

The Samson BTM folders are pretty cool. I had one on a GB Mini.

I had this Butler Creek multitudes of years. It's a tab bit shorter now thou.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Never understood why Butler Creek stopped making their folding stocks.

The Samson BTM folders are pretty cool. I had one on a GB Mini.

I had this Butler Creek multitudes of years. It's a tab bit shorter now thou.

And I thought I had a shorty

1 - 13 of 13 Posts