Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a 10/22 takedown. When I removed the stock from the bag, I noticed that the small plastic oval cap was missing, right below where you grip the stock, leaving a hole. I don't know if it was never there, or if it fell off at some point. I sent an e-mail to ruger customer service and they suggested that I send the stock to New Hampshire for replacement. I was more than a little "miffed" that they would suggest that. I'm just assuming that I pick all the expense of shipping and insurance to cover a very inexpensive part. You cannot get through to talk to anyone at all, but I will keep trying. Right now I'm a little jaded about Ruger at this point.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Try calling again and be polite. Attitude gets one no place! I do have to kinda ask...didn't you examine this before buying and doing the 4473??? :confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same Thing with Mine -- Ruger Will Correct

I also experienced the same issue -- I did get through to Ruger and they sent a complete replacement stock and did not require that I return the "capless" stock. No worries, Ruger will make it right -- it's a great gun, a must have.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scott, thanks for the info, I will keep trying till I get through. Hopefully they will do the same for me.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
What makes you think I won't be polite?
Nothing at all, but nice to see the defense. :rolleyes: Just pretty common for folks to get their attitude up if they don't get what they want, or like the response or policies a company has. They think getting an attitude and angry makes it better. Just the opposite.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ruger came through

I was able to get through to Ruger, and they said that they would send out a replacement cap right away. They said they do not send out new stocks anymore, only replace the cap. That sounds good to me .

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Would it be possible to get pictures of the stock without the cap, and also a picture of the cap before it's installed? Want to see about designing a way to make it removable for storage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently got a Takedown and the same part fell off when I first shot it. No big deal for me I will just glue it back on someday. I did have more serious issues and actually sent the first one back because the bolt actually locked up in both the closed and then in the open position when I took it out of the package the first time. The store replaced it (after getting another in stock and another 11 day waiting period) and the new one works great. I replaced the sight with a Williams Peep sight and did the bolt lock plate mod. Love it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts