Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 10/22 Takedown with the laminated wood stock. When I got it home I noticed the receiver to stock fit left a bit to be desired. The receiver actually wobbled in the stock! It took .027 shims on either side of the receiver and the same to the rear of the receiver to snug it up. I took it to the dealer who had another on the rack. Upon checking that one, it was the same way...lots of play between the receiver and stock. Called Ruger Customer Service to let them know they had a QC problem. They sort of hemmed and hawed around. I then went to the website and took advantage of the Contact the CEO option. I received a call from the Chief Engineer the next day and he wanted to see the rifle. They gave ma an RMA number and a FedEx label to send it to them.

After about a week Ruger called and said they would make me a new stock the following week. The following week they called and stated that they would not be making laminated stocks for a couple of months and asked if I would accept a Deluxe Sporter stock and a couple of extra magazines. They also promised the stock would be a perfect fit.

Received the rifle today and the stock is beautiful. Really sets the rifle off. However, it too has play between the stock and receiver, although not nearly as bad. I was able to place .017 shims on either side and snug it up.

I have several Ruger firearms and have always been more than happy with the quality of their products.

All of that being said, I was wondering if anyone else had that problem with the 10/22 Takedown models?

Cheers...

·
Registered
11 Posts
This may not really help since my 10/22 isnt the takedown model but I have one of the factory plastic/polymer stocks from about 10 years ago that seems to have some play.

Seems like at least their customer service is on point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts