Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a good scope to mount on my 10/22 Takedown.

Willing to spend about $100.

Also looking for a quick release type mount or rings so that I can put everything in the back pack. The mount/rings need to be dependable as far as re-zero is concerned.

Any suggestions? (Would prefer Silver)

·
Registered
217 Posts
There are a multitude of scopes to consider. I've found Nikon to be of excellent quality, and priced well too. As for your rings, the Warne quick-detach rings are the way to go IMHO...;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got a Nikon 4x32 scope for $95.00 at sports authority with dnz one piece rings and it looks great. Rings are about $48.00 on line at Optics planet.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Magic

Also looking for a quick release type mount or rings so that I can put everything in the back pack. The mount/rings need to be dependable as far as re-zero is concerned.

You took the words right out of my mouth as far as the MOUNTS GO.

I wish have the problem about mounts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Magic

You took the words right out of my mouth as far as the MOUNTS GO.

I have the same problem about mounts

·
Registered
215 Posts
I see a lot of people use the UTG bug because it's a compact 3x9 scope and doesn't extend past the end of the stock/action assembly enough to make it hard to fit the case. My problem with that is you can't fit it in the sleeve the stock fits in by itself next to the barrel assembly. It needs to go in the big sleeve on the other side. I have a very nice Nikon .22 4X32 scope on detachable rings which I put in the big sleeve along with a bunch of other accessories including a red dot sight, a bipod and other stuff.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I see a lot of people use the UTG bug because it's a compact 3x9 scope and doesn't extend past the end of the stock/action assembly enough to make it hard to fit the case. My problem with that is you can't fit it in the sleeve the stock fits in by itself next to the barrel assembly. It needs to go in the big sleeve on the other side. I have a very nice Nikon .22 4X32 scope on detachable rings which I put in the big sleeve along with a bunch of other accessories including a red dot sight, a bipod and other stuff.
I don't have a TD but like you I prefer to pack my optics separately in a carry bag...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts