Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought one of the new 10/22 takedown shooting team edition. I was wondering what is the best scope that will fit in the bag that came with the takedown and doesn't cost more than the rifle did. I also want to know which is better for targets a fix power or multi power scope.

Thanks
FES

·
Registered
31 Posts
I cannot attest to what is best, but I put a simmons 3-9x32 on mine. It fits in the sleeve, but the flap has to "loop" to the side of the butt. Works great for me. I can see being ocd about it though, but the functionality is more important.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Redfield 3-9x32 on mine...also tried a Bushnel red dot which worked quite well. My eyes much appreciate the variable power optic.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I cannot attest to what is best, but I put a simmons 3-9x32 on mine. It fits in the sleeve, but the flap has to "loop" to the side of the butt. Works great for me. I can see being ocd about it though, but the functionality is more important.
+1

Nice scope for little money. Looking for flip up caps for mine.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Burley,

What mount i sthat sitting on, it doesn't look like the one that comes with the gun? Can you use your iron sights with that setup and does it fit in the bag?

·
Registered
50 Posts
That rail (mount) looks like the UTG #22 tactical.(Leapers)
cost is like $7
It can allow iron sight view since it is low profiled down the center.
My TD has one w UTG 3-9X 32 Bug Buster scope.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I asked another question in the td scope thread about the williams firesight. It would be nice to have a peep sight and a scope

1 - 12 of 12 Posts