Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to hit up my local outdoor range (Burro canyon in Azusa, Ca.) and put a couple hundred CCI mini mags through my 10/22 target tactical. The rifle is stock and has a nikon prostaff 3X9X40 rimfire scope with BDS retical mounted using weaver 6 hole tactical rings.

It required no zeroing of the scope! Maybe this is more common than I know but I was surprised to put the first group at 7 yards into a ragged hole the size of a dime dead on the bullseye. With the next magazine, I switched out targets to the next furthest, aprox. 45 feet or 15 yards. This time, all 10 went into a hole that a silver dollar could cover. My next 10 rounds went into a hanging bowling ball pin at 125 yards, the end of the range. Every round went into the bowling pin with a satisfying thwack. Later on, I got so I could start it swinging then time the next round so the bullet would hit as the pin was coming towards me, stopping the swing. I have been shooting since I was 7 however I go very infrequently and am ham fisted more than I am a finesse shooter. My results were absolutely because of the gun and not skill.

While the rest of my group were clearing jams, I was reloading as fast as my fingers could shove those cheap little rounds into the magazines. All bullets were fired from a seated position, using the bi-pod.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Very nice Fireball!! I love shooting my 10/22 takedown and the minimags are awesome rounds that just never seem to be a problem!!:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts