Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to mount a metal but stock extension onto a wood 10/22 stock? if so, where would i go and how would i go about doing that?

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
is it possible to mount a metal but stock extension onto a wood 10/22 stock? if so, where would i go and how would i go about doing that?
i guess i'll echo tmb's thought-- never seen that. just out of curiosity, why would you want a metal butt stock extension? do you mean the thin little plastic butt plate that ruger puts on all their 10/22s to be replaced by a metal one? or an actual metal extension that's thick? i could see the metal butt plate, as some folks don't like the cheap plastic, but i've never heard of an extension for a 22...

·
Registered
350 Posts
I love everything about my 10/22 Carbine ... save for that heinous plastic butt plate, which I loathe. So flimsy & cheap & entirely beneath Ruger's usual high standard. But I digress.

If anyone knows where I might acquire a metal replacement -- pref. black, to match the receiver & barrel -- I'd be mighty obliged to know the details.

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I don't know if anyone makes a metal replacement for the factory plastic butt piece. An adjustable aluminum metal butt piece would be both costly and a good bit of work. It would also take away from the appearance of your present stock.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
howdy and welcome from middle Dixie.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
The early buttplates were aluminum. I'm not sure when they switched but my 10/22 made in 1966 has one made of aluminum.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not sure but the promag archangel deluxe target stock is adjustable and it looks pretty sharp as well....Midway has them for about $85....come with new buffer pin, extended mag release,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts