Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from the Seattle area and thought I would share the following. Feel free to do the same for your city or state.

1. You think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists.
2. You know how to pronounce "Sequim", "Puyallup" and "Issaquah."
3. You wear jeans and a t-shirt all year round.
4. You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Thai food.
5. You feel guilty throwing an aluminum can in the trash.
6. You know at least eight people who work for either Microsoft or Boeing.
7. You consider floating bridges a pain in the butt, not an engineering marvel.
8. You know more than 50 words to describe a cup of coffee.
9. In winter, you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark-while only working eight-hour days.
10. You swear the refs from the superbowl were wearing yellow & black under their uniforms.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Hmmm, 10 things about Arizona.

1. It's hot! Dry or not, it's still HOT! Shorts, T-shirts and flipflops can be worn year round.
  2. It's an open carry and a shall issue state.
  3. We have hundreds of miles of coastal beach... just no ocean!
  4. It's the winter home of half the major league baseball teams.
  5. It's a gun mecca with companies like Ruger, Galco, Dillon Precision, McMillan and Smith & Wesson in the state.
  6. Arizona was the last state to be admitted in the contenential United States IN 1912.
  7. Home state to the biggest hole in the ground, aka Grand Canyon.
  8. Our state flower is the saguaro cactus.
  9. Home of the most famous shoot out in history at the OK Corral in Tombstone, AZ.
  10. Arizona is the nation's leading copper producer.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

1. It's hot! Dry or not, it's still HOT! Shorts, T-shirts and flipflops can be worn year round.
  5. It's a gun mecca with companies like Ruger, Galco, Dillon Precision, McMillan and Smith & Wesson in the state.
  6. Arizona was the last state to be admitted in the contenential United States IN 1912.
  9. Home of the most famous shoot out in history at the OK Corral in Tombstone, AZ.
I've traveled through AZ a few times and think its nice. I have an AZ Concealed Weapons Permit.

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts

What does Smith and Wesson have set up in Arizona?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
My town, when the terrorists (tourists) turn up, it takes forty minutes to get a coffee.....

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
What does Smith and Wesson have set up in Arizona?
I'm not sure. They're pretty secretive about it. But they have a complex in Scottsdale. It is an authorized repair facility and I think they might make their Pro series there.

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Their pro series is made down the street from me in Springfield. Their only other manufacturing facility is in Holden Maine. Authorized repair facility seems possible.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I dont know if I can come up with 10 about rural NW Ohio...

1) I leave my keys in the ignition and doors unlocked when parked on main st
2) I cannot run into a store to quickly grab an item as I always stop to chat because I am related to half of the town, I worked at the largest employer in town with the other half
3) The town used to employ more than it housed before the economy crashed
4) even though you wear a suit or Dockers to work you dress down to jeans to go to church
5) almost 50 trains a day go through town... be patient
6) Farm equipment on main street is a common sight as there is an equipment dealer on the north side of town and another on the south side
7) Ithica makes guns in the Buckeye State, Cooper said they would but never did (I think)
8) if you don't like the weather just wait 30 minutes
9) the further you get from the Michigan border the better the state gets!

OK I came up with 9... maybe more later after the coffee kicks in

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
10 things about Maine

1. Real Mainers can wear shorts and or t-shirts year round.
2. 6" of snow is just a flurry
3. Real Mainers know how to eat a lobster without directions or a bib.
4. Real Mainers know what is meant by "The County".
5. "Down east" means up the coast.
6. The "R" is not always parts of the spoken alphabet.
7. We have 5 real seasons: summer fall, winter, mud & spring
8. We have a strong dislike for our southern New England neighbors
9. S&W has a factory here and some Colt parts are made here.
10. There's a difference between a native Mainer and an implant.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm from South Bend. I live south of town now in farm country and I commute to a South Bend high school where I teach science.
1. The "bad news". We're between Detroit and Chicago.
2. The "good news". We're. BETWEEN Detroit and Chicago.
3. We sometimes get lake-effect snow storms measured in feet, not inches.
4. We used to be a heavy industrial manufacturing mecca. See - Bad management and union thuggery.
5. We are blessed with several outstanding Universities and Technical schools in our town.
6. The Chicago/Detroit drug and gang influence is apparent. You need to be aware of who you're with and where you're at when you visit the city.
7. We have a really cool mixture of Polish, Hungarian, German, Italian, Mexican, Scottish, Belgium and African-Americans. It really can work, if you have good people.
8. Economics are somewhat depressed in the city, but a little better on the outskirts.
9. Housing costs are down. Its a buyer's market. Indiana has traditionally been fair priced when it comes to housing.
10. Prediction: In ten years South Bend will be in the news as one of the important leaders in Nano-Technology in the US.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
#11.... Studebakers are still cool !!!!!!!!!!

I'm from South Bend. I live south of town now in farm country and I commute to a South Bend high school where I teach science.
4. We used to be a heavy industrial manufacturing mecca. See - Bad management and union thuggery.
5. We are blessed with several outstanding Universities and Technical schools in our town.
6. The Chicago/Detroit drug and gang influence is apparent. You need to be aware of who you're with and where you're at when you visit the city.
7. We have a really cool mixture of Polish, Hungarian, German, Italian, Mexican, Scottish, Belgium and African-Americans. It really can work, if you have good people.
8. Economics are somewhat depressed in the city, but a little better on the outskirts.
9. Housing costs are down. Its a buyer's market. Indiana has traditionally been fair priced when it comes to housing.
10. Prediction: In ten years South Bend will be in the news as one of the important leaders in Nano-Technology in the US.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I'm from over by the Fort...and I concur...especially with the drug element...except for us, they come up I-69 through the Fort to Detroit on their delivery routes. We get 'em here on a regular basis, including stash houses that get raided from time to time!

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
decaf. You left off decaf.

Lets see 10 things about NH:

10. Aaahyup is a positive expression and yessir is either agreement or defiance or both.
9. Highest wind ever recorded in North America at 231 MPH on Mt Washington
8. Of the thirteen original colonies, New Hampshire was the first to declare its independence -- a full six months before the Declaration of Independence was signed.
7. Our whole state is covered by one area code 603.
6. Tupperware was invented by Earl Tupper in Berlin, NH.
5. The first State Lottery was established in NH in 1964.
4. The first Potato in the country was planted in Londonderry in 1719.
3. The first free public library in the country was established in Pereborough in 1833.
2. Levi Hutchins of Concord invented the first alarm clock in 1787. It only rang at 4 a.m., the time he woke up.
1. The state motto is "Live Free or Die", yessir.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
This is a pretty cool thread, 303. It reminds me of games we would play as kids on a road trip way back in the olden days. We didn't have ipods, ipads, laptops, gameboys, built in video players, etc., etc. Instead we actually had to talk to each other and thinking games were a great way to pass the time.

It's interesting to read what others think about living where they do. It's almost like a mini vacation. I'm hoping we get more out of James and our other out-of-towners. :D

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is a pretty cool thread, 303. It reminds me of games we would play as kids on a road trip way back in the olden days. We didn't have ipods, ipads, laptops, gameboys, built in video players, etc., etc. Instead we actually had to talk to each other and thinking games were a great way to pass the time.

It's interesting to read what others think about living where they do. It's almost like a mini vacation. I'm hoping we get more out of James and our other out-of-towners. :D
I remember mom use to tell us stories about when she was a little girl. The art of story-telling has been lost.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
1. gambling
2. booze
3. strippers
4. 1-3 are considered legitimate, upstanding businesses to be in.
5. no prostitution in clark county (contrary to the assumptions of many)
6. it can get over 100 degrees any given day for 7+ months of the year.
7. 90-something isn't considered all that hot.
8. attracts huge proportion of the nation's driftiest, sketchiest people to desert wasteland.
9. surrounding environment looks almost exactly like those pictures of mars sent back by the mars rover in 1977 or whenever it was.
10. school district is lauding a graduation rate that has finally crept over 60%. yep. they really are.

so, you know, feel free to use this info as part of your next vegas trip planner. jeez, i should really work for the chamber of commerce or something. :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts