Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhkC5xFWCsI

Played around at the range today with a Ruger LCP and Philip Hemphill. I brought my gun out to see if he could shoot it free handed at a balloon at 100 yards! Definitely not what the caliber is designed for but nice to know if it will do it! It helps having an 11 time national champion shooting it, though! I doubt I could hit it but it didn't take him long! I'm hoping I can sweet talk him into shooting it out to 200 next week!

We were shooting Hornady Critical Defense 380acp 90grain at 100 yards!

·
Banned
650 Posts
The second generation LCP is an accurate little pistol. I shot a crow with my LCP a couple months ago at about 40 yards. I never thought I would see anyone beat that shot. Never say never.

My wife has an LCP custom that fits her hand like a glove. She shoots silver dollar size group at 20/25 yards. I may have to get some balloons for her this weekend.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
My wife carries an LCP and really likes it. Some time ago whe was at her mother's and was down at the pond. They had been having some problems with beavers in the pond. She shot two at 25 yards with the LCP. Took the first one in one shot. Both of the beavers were on the move out in the middle of the pond. Little gun shoots pretty spot-on.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Nice! Welcome to the forum.

Just curious, did he happen to tell you what his point of aim was?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He said he point of aim was about 6" above the target frame. The wind was blowing so he compensated to the right corner to cover that.
Thank you guys for the warm welcome! I've been reading for awhile but finally joined to post this video!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts