Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1022 mag bumper.jpg
1022 mag bumper.jpg
Anyone using Mag bumpers for the Ruger Mags?
These things are great! Very easy to handle your mags once you attach one of these bumpers.
1022 mag bumper.jpg

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,679 Posts
This is the first time I have seen these. I have never felt the need for a bumper. The magazines wouldn't fit the belt pouch I have for them. Plus I like the flush fit of the ten round magazines. I tend to use them more than my BX15 or BX25 mags for that reason. Glad to see that they work well for you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is what a BX-1 looks like in my SR-22 with the bumper attached. It doesn't even protrude past the mag release.

No sharp edges. Something to hold on to. Makes the mags easier to handle when removed or removing. These bumpers match the shade and color of the BX-1. Now when I retrieve one from a pouch or pocket it's easier to orientate the mag in your hand before you pull it out and have a positive hold.

They are not 3-D printed they are injected molded and attach with a screw compressing a matching ear shape to the BX-1. The material feels the same as a BX-1 and when installed it looks like part of the mag.

I'm glad this option is available because it really helps arthritics and handy caped shooters.

bumper1.jpg

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use these with my 10/22, triple the fun!
The Alangator TriMag Triple Magazine Coupler for the Ruger 10/22 is an innovative coupler that allows a shooter to change magazines quickly by holding three magazines around a central clamp. Once one magazine has run dry, simply release the empty and rotate to insert a fresh magazine. The Alangator TriMag magazine coupler triples your 10/22's firepower!

·
Cat Herder
1,632 Posts
I like the Tandemkross Doublekross. You disassemble two BX mags and reassemble into their shell. One mag empties, then you flip the assembly for the next. If you have the Backpacker stock they actually fit with the stock halves broken down.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Not me ... they mess up the flush fit magazine feature that I like so much .
Gary

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I've taken your advise and purchase a 10/22 TriMag Alangator Tri Mag for $14.20 delivered.
Now I have at least 4 different set ups for bench or carry shooting. I'll try it to see if works for me and report back.

The flush fit mags are ok but one has a tendency to place your hand or a support over the mag-well and I don't want to muscle memory that when picking up or carrying.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I may try some of these out since I cant get my bx-25s to work

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I have had very good luck with BX-25s using a MagLula 10/22 loader. If you look at this picture closely you can clearly see that no human hand loading can duplicate the precision loading of the MagLula.
It loads each round exactly the same way at the correct angle which equals a smooth exit.
maglula 1022.png

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have had very good luck with BX-25s using a MagLula 10/22 loader. If you look at this picture closely you can clearly see that no human hand loading can duplicate the precision loading of the MagLula.
It loads each round exactly the same way at the correct angle which equals a smooth exit.
View attachment 145419
Never seen that before. I guess it worth a shot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I received the TrImag adapter today and proceeded to attach 3 BX1s. Long story short, I like it!

So, here are profile pictures of my bench shooting choices.

1. Flush BX1
2. BX1 with mag bumper.
3. Try mag
4*. Archangel 10 round. Na just kidding, I don't use this. It works but I had to modify it to fit. Just for pictures and occasional use.
4. The BX25. Runs great using a MagLula loader specifically designed for Ruger Mags. The loader is not universal.
5. The CSG 110 round Rotary magazine. Works flawlessly if you follow the directions. Important, NO waxed bullets.
I like to use it mostly for bench shooting, Long time between reloads.
CSG recommends that the bolt should always be locked back before inserting the mag. I also do it with the Ruger mags.

It really preference. everyone handles a rifle differently. Big advantage with the first three choices.

Like most of you already know, the first three choices are the most practical.

DSC01773.JPG
DSC01774.JPG
DSC01776.JPG
DSC01778.JPG
DSC01780.JPG
DSC01781.JPG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts