Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,694 Posts
Sweet looking gun! I have become a fan of the 10mm shooting it from auto pistols. That revolver looks like a great platform for the round.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Received my Moonclips from Ranch Products today. Sorry TK but $80.00 for 8 I can't afford you. Loading with an Original Precision Universal Moon Tool and the process is slow but not slow, painful and awkward.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Been tempted by a 10mm a few times, just haven't taken the plunge.
As far as moon clips, love the speed of reloading, but a PITA to reload them.

·
Super Moderator
21,275 Posts
You would think they could build something into the cylinder to act as a mechanical moon clip that grabs the rimless case and you push a lever or button to release. I thought Charter had something on that line.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the 10MM Match Champion and it’s my favorite revolver...and woods gun. I have reloaded ammo that meet or exceed those from my 4” bbl GP100 357 magnum.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm finding it to be a niche gun. A middleweight weapon that has a bigger punch, without the blast of the 357.

·
Registered
506 Posts

GP100 5" barrel and only a few rounds through it but it shoots nice. New caliber to me so I am in the process of acquiring components and leather.
Love those grips! are they exclusive to that model or can they be purchased separately? I have the Match in 10mm and find the grip isnt as hand filling as I like and have the big rubber hoques on there now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
aboriqua, The factory grips on the blue 5" 10MM are both smaller and slicker than the Match Champion grips. If you're looking for something more hand filing than the MC grips, not sure these are the ones you'd want...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts