Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen data on line and don't have it in my books. By some math formula in my head I am guessing 14.9 starting and 16.7 max? I ve loaded 10 14.9 of aa#9 with cci 500 and the 125 fp/xtp ( new to me very similair to xtps). Also 5 rounds at 15.1. Any guidance will be appreciated.

·
Banned
365 Posts
I'm going to assume this is for a .357 Magnum.

This is the only 125 grain bullet load with AA#9 I saw. It used a Nosler bullet.

Starting load: 14.1 grains
Maximum load: 15.6 grains
Primer: WSPM
C.O.L.: 1.575"

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hornady manual (8th Ed.) for 125 gr HP-XTP & FP-XTP shows

Starting load 11.9 gr A#9
Max load 14.5 gr A#9
Winchester WSPM

so be careful ...

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'm going to assume this is for a .357 Magnum.

This is the only 125 grain bullet load with AA#9 I saw. It used a Nosler bullet.

Starting load: 14.1 grains
Maximum load: 15.6 grains
Primer: WSPM
C.O.L.: 1.575"

Hope this helps.
I load that round 15.3 with Accurate number 9. Nice round.

Thewelshm

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah got a nice work up group from 14.6 to 15.1 to start. A cyclinder for each stepup but still just running cci 500 though as of now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 14.9 seem to dirty up my cyclinder and barrel. The primers I used were standard Remington small pp. recoil was manageable but didn't seem as accurate but was in a hurry and was 19 degrees out. Can't wait to move to SC. My cylinder was really dirty. I did back off crimp because of hard extracting. Do you guys trim once fired brass. Got a trimmer but I miked a few and they were the same as my factory cases. I think I am missing something these are federal silver cases. ( nickle plated I was told they were good to reload for 9mm so did with the 357. Cases are also dirty. I have 50 ready to be loaded with Same Remington primers any suggestion.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Accually after some inspection in the shop lights may be from the semi jacketed 158gr. I carry daily. So will go out again tommorow and see how they eject.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
The 14.9 seem to dirty up my cyclinder and barrel. The primers I used were standard Remington small pp. recoil was manageable but didn't seem as accurate but was in a hurry and was 19 degrees out. Can't wait to move to SC. My cylinder was really dirty. I did back off crimp because of hard extracting. Do you guys trim once fired brass. Got a trimmer but I miked a few and they were the same as my factory cases. I think I am missing something these are federal silver cases. ( nickle plated I was told they were good to reload for 9mm so did with the 357. Cases are also dirty. I have 50 ready to be loaded with Same Remington primers any suggestion.
I have pistol brass that I have reloaded a dozen times & I have never had to trim it.
You know if you contact Western Powders (Accurate & Ramshot) online, they will send you a nice reloading magazine for free.

I have been wanting to try Ramshot Silhouette & True Blue for years, but during this last crisis/shortage, could never find them. I have since stocked up on a 3 year supply of Hodgdon's CFE Pistol & TiteGroup.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did not realize that I'll will call them for a magazine. How many times do you get out of them. I shot my 9mm till they split which some a dozen reloads don't really count just try to keep them in same box and just count how much writing I have on it.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
I did not realize that I'll will call them for a magazine. How many times do you get out of them. I shot my 9mm till they split which some a dozen reloads don't really count just try to keep them in same box and just count how much writing I have on it.
You can request it online. Alliant will send you 1 also, covering all their powders, of which I use Unique as an emergency powder & have load data for all my bullets/calibers.

I load my brass for 12-18 months, then it goes in the recycling bin. I keep batches of 300-400 cases ready to put in service
It would probably last a lot longer, but it makes me feel better.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,667 Posts
Hdpearson13, Your initial post is incomplete and potentially dangerous. You are REQUIRED to post the cartridge type. You also need the bullet weight, style, and brand. Why? Different brands and bullet styles have different recommended seating depths which can change the chamber pressure radically. You cant just slam a bullet in a case with some powder and expect it to be accurate or safe. In the future, your threads will be deleted if you do not comply with the rules that are posted in a "sticky" at the top of the reloading forum. Here's a link: http://rugerforum.net/reloading/30464-read-before-posting.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts