Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. New here and wanted to ask if anyone knows where I could get and 12ga red label all weather. I have one and love it! My son is on his first year of hunting and his trap team at school and admires my red label and I thought it would be a great gift to get him a matching gun.

Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have been looking at gunbroker and some other sites. Not many of that model available. I will keep checking on here with everyone as well. There are many great topics on this forum. I have Ruger rifles and pistols as well. It's fun to read all the good posts as well as pick up some good tips and tricks along the way.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,989 Posts
Wingshooter,

They are hard to come by. I have one also. I have only in person ever seen 2, and I own one of those. Mine took me 10 to 15 years to find. I wish you luck, best bet is to look on gunbroker, maybe you will get lucky. I have never seen any at gunshows i have attended, and I have been to many, many, shows. The all weather is my favorite of all time. Here is the link on the forum to my story, and a picture. Mine is the engraved version.

http://rugerforum.net/gun-stories/38403-what-ruger-did-me-i-never-expected.html

·
One Star
9,712 Posts
Wow yours is a beauty Tacky!

·
"The Real Deal"
6,989 Posts
Wow yours is a beauty Tacky!
Thanks bud, its my most prized possession in my toy box. That says alot considering the diversity of my collection. I really love that shotgun, and the story of how I got it.;)

·
Super Moderator
21,349 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
ImageUploadedByOutdoor Forums1496901360.500902.jpg I've had mine for almost 20 years. Best purchase ever made. Not to sound greedy but I would like to get my hands on at least 2 more.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Used to use a 20 ga a friend owned a long time ago, what a shooter and have not seen one since, good luck.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
The 20 ga Red Label is an incredible over & under shotgun. One of the best you'll ever find (IMO) and that includes some very expensive makes.

The 12 ga Red Label never seemed quite as well balanced to me, but that's an entirely personal opinion. The 12 ga Red Label stainless is very difficult to find and expensive when you do locate one. However, if you find one and it fits you - buy it immediately if you can because they don't come along often.

If I was going to spend the $1400 or so for a stack barrel 12 ga, I'd go with one of the older Berretta's.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
i don't know if you're interested in a "regular" wooden stock RL, but i have one posted in classifieds. i'll paint it black if you want. :-D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts