Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TMZ

This is so cool on all levels.
I just hope Chuck's wife (Emily Blunt) keeps her mouth shut.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I saw the teasers and I'm waiting for this movie.
I'd like to watch it in English, but if I go to cinema it'll be the French translation... and I don't like French translations since I realized they kill actor's play.

Moreover for that kind of movies, when, in French, the characters says some weird things wrong-translated (quick exemple, magazine should be translated in "chargeur" because in French "magasin" as it's often translated is... a shop ôÔ)

Or sometimes, voices are weird because the translation has been made in... Quebec (try to find Matthew Perry's Quebecian voice, it's a duck voice)

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
I really want to see it but hate movie theatres.
Hope it comes out on DVD

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
I really want to see it but hate movie theatres.
Hope it comes out on DVD
This is why I have Netflix and On Demand. :D

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JMHO, movies that send a message to our "domestic enemies" should receive our support, in the same manner that we made our voices (un)heard in the cash register with recent box office flops.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
JMHO, movies that send a message to our "domestic enemies" should receive our support, in the same manner that we made our voices (un)heard in the cash register with recent box office flops.
Yes sir.
Especially when the "domestic enemies" are politicians. .... :mad:

·
Registered
459 Posts
what's it about -- does it tell how courageously Hillary stood guard in those tense hours and how heroically the administration responded?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Great interview tonight on Becks TV show with the three survivors. If you can catch it the Blaze it's well worth the time.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what's it about -- does it tell how courageously Hillary stood guard in those tense hours and how heroically the administration responded?
It's heavily promoted on Fox News Channel so I'd be truly disappointed if it does not picture HiLIARy as the wicked #itch.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
The book and, from what I have heard, the movie both have the focus where they should, on the people who were there and involved in the attack and the response. Hence, the title "13 Hours" which was essentially the time between the beginning of the attack and when outside help finally arrived.

The emphasis is on the heroes who were willing to (and some did) give their lives for their brothers. I felt the book was a memorial to the people who died that day and since the men who wrote the book and were heavily involved in the movie are the same men who were there, I have to believe the movie will be true to the book.

I also am not a fan of movie theaters, but I plan to be there tomorrow to see this movie as my own way of honoring the courage and sacrifice of those who were there. And despite the movie theater's ban on weapons, rest assured I will not be defenseless while I am there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts