Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 150 yds What size group should a 10/22 with butler creek bull barrel and a kidd 3+3 oz trigger make useing cci stingers?
Thanks for any info

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
There's no "you should get this" answer since there's other variables involved. It's not just "hey, put on a bull bbl and fancy trigger" and expect a match rifle.

Just from what's provided though, the Stinger isn't made to be a long range target cartridge. Think..there's a reason the good barrels have a Bentz or better chamber which doesn't allows them.
Hate to say it but the BC bbls, especially earlier ones, are not known for outstanding performance so expecting much out past 100yds is kinda setting a somewhat unrealistic expectation.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Can't see 150 yards anymore...even with my 2-7 Leupold!

I am not sure the 22LR cartridge is a 150 yard affair.......Think falling rainbow here.

Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
151 Posts
About 1 1/2 times larger group than you get at 100 yards.
Or about 3 times the size of a 50 yard group.
Or about 6 times the size of a 25 yard group.

Assuming no wind and a machine rest that allows no movement of the gun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for info yall, i was hoping 10/22 was gona take 22-250's place at 150 but it wasnt happening, i guess i would rather think it was partly the rifle instead of all me!
Thanks again

·
Registered
383 Posts
.22lr is to .22-250 like a Chevette is to a Corvette
The man crystalized my very thoughts!

I shoot both. Have I every pulled one from out my backside with a 1022 @ 150yds? Yeah! Could I do it repeatedly? Nope! That's why they make .22 Mags, .223,and 22-250.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
A minute of angle is 1.6 inches at 150 yards and "minute of angle" centerfire rifles are considered to be pretty accurate. Given all of the variables in .22 LR ammunition, I'd think that 3 minutes of angle (4.8 inches at 150 yards) would be pretty darn good with non-match ammunition, but I don't have the experience to say that for certain.

Jim

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Can't see 150 yards anymore...even with my 2-7 Leupold!

I am not sure the 22LR cartridge is a 150 yard affair.......Think falling rainbow here.

Let us know how it goes!

It can be done - the .22 LR Stinger sighted at 150 yards will have a mid-range trajectory of 6.6 inches (at about 90 yards) and will arrive at the 150 yard mark in 0.32 seconds with a velocity of 945 fps and 62 ft-lbf of energy. It will be 6.6 inches below line of sight at 175 yards.

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts