Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In fact I bought a couple of boxes of ammo in hopes Ruger would come through. Very neat looking round.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
In fact I bought a couple of boxes of ammo in hopes Ruger would come through. Very neat looking round.
Not THAT takes faith. :)

Actually, I wish it never happened.

In the last three years I have grabbed a 77/357, a 77/44, two SP101's, and a 22/45. I'm outa' money. Now I have to think of a way to scrounge the cash for a 77/17, which I was sure would happen.

·
Registered
325 Posts
They started showing up on Gunbroker a couple weeks ago. They sold 5 the first week, the longest one lasted 23hrs. The 2 quickest sold in 20 min and 40 min. They went for $700-$725.

·
Registered
16 Posts
They started showing up on Gunbroker a couple weeks ago. They sold 5 the first week, the longest one lasted 23hrs. The 2 quickest sold in 20 min and 40 min. They went for $700-$725.
Thats what i thought, i have seen them on GUNBROKER and when i go back to look the next day, they are gone....Ok cool...Next one that i see i will hit the buy it now. Thanks for the heads up, i guess they are a hot ticket item right now and they are selling quick. I am hoping that after i get it they DON'T stop making that particular round. Or i will be very upset.

·
Banned
558 Posts
I am new here, so I figgered to chime in. Got my 77/17 hornet last month, and have been having a blast with it. I live on an eastern colorado ranch and have just about tested it out on all the local varmints.....

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Looks like it works pretty darn well!

Hope you were careful taking the rifle off the back of one of those critters... ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am new here, so I figgered to chime in. Got my 77/17 hornet last month, and have been having a blast with it. I live on an eastern colorado ranch and have just about tested it out on all the local varmints.....

Hey Huntsman, i have seen your pics over on rugerhunting...Love your pics... great shooting and i see you are having a blast with that Hornet.......I cant wait to get mine.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Great way to open your Ruger Forum career :) Glad you decided to join.

Do the bullets exit on a coyote?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
He looks MIGHTY sleepy.......

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I haven't had an exit on anything bigger than a prairie dog(other than the headshot porky)
Ah, that is good news.

My favorite hunting spots in PA and NY are being hit hard by coyotes, and looking at fur prices, I'm thinking it might be a cure for winter boredom. I zapped four last year on a single afternoon, but as we were just getting rid of a few, I took my MKII/.243 cranked to the max with Hornady 70gr SX's. Dead for sure, fur for sale, not.

What bullets are you loading to get a no-exit kill, and how far can you shoot for sure kills.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts