Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up my 5" today and cleaned it. I am a happy person. Now to so shoot it within the next couple of days. The trigger seems great while dry firing it. I also ordered a FO front sight and looking at the Hogue wood grips.

·
Registered
765 Posts
It's a GP100. That says it all. One of the best weapons ever made in my opinion. I have the 6" version.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
And I have the 3" version. Definitely needs a better front sight and whatever floats your boat for grips.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm waiting on the 4". Can't wait til they ship it! Nice gun

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congratulations! No better day than one when you get to go shoot a GP100!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Firemanjones
I put a fiber optic on my 4" GP 100 made a world of difference. Also put on the Ruger grips with the wood panels, (like they used to be).
Hope you like it as well as I like mine, betting you will

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Nice!

I've got a 4" and a 6", I guess I'll need to get a 5" to round out the set.

Jim

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm still contemplating on a 3", but I am undecided on fixed or adj. sights. Oh well, a lot more tormenting to come.
In the mean time, I am one happy revolver owner!😀

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have the 5" too, and love it!
Only thing I did was put on fiber optic front site.
The trigger on mine was great out of the box.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Nice! I have one just like it and also a 3 inch bbl model with adjustable sights. Just can't beat a GP100 in my book.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Very nice! :D

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went to the range today, what a shooter! GP100, what took me so long?
I couldn't believe that I was shooting a .357. It handled the recoil great and was easy getting right back on target.
Next week I should receive the shims and springs which I will install and polish the innards.
I can't wait to see how she shoots then!

I' telling you, this forum will be the end of me. Now I am reading the posts about the Alaskans and Super RedHawks. Oh boy......

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Enjoy...I'm picking up another one on Tuesday. 4" SS

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Oh yeah..... ;)

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Great guns and I think you'll be amazed how much better it will get after shims and polishing. That's absolutely the right direction.

I think you'll find that shooting it with the original Hogues will be much more comfortable than all wood or the old style rubber with wood inserts.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts