Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked my 5" also yesterday. polished trigger ordered springs and measured for shims. Trigger was great out the box but trigger spring had rust and metal deposit. I am looking for smaller grips as the Hogue grips are to large for my small hand.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You picked a good one!
The only change I've made to mine is the front sight. Everything else is great so the rest will likely remain stock.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Great! I just picked mine up yesterday. I guess I should look into how to do shims? What # springs are you installing?
I hope to shoot mine in the next couple of days. Oh, and I am looking for a larger grip.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great! I just picked mine up yesterday. I guess I should look into how to do shims? What # springs are you installing?
I hope to shoot mine in the next couple of days. Oh, and I am looking for a larger grip.
Ruger Double Action

This is place i got my shims and springs, very simple after watching videos. I also have The Fiber optics sight ordered. only putting shims on hammer and dog thats in the hammer. doing my paper work and cannot find the model #

·
Registered
765 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. Can't go wrong with a GP100 of any model!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I am interested in what size shims you installed if you have the info.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am interested in what size shims you installed if you have the info.
each pistol will measure different, if you look at the videos it will show you how to measure. i used a pair of .002 on sides of hammer and on the dog a used a pair of .008. the trigger was perfect.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
GhostHunter,
Congratulations on a very fine and in my opinion the perfect revolver for that caliber. I also would like to welcome you to the Forum. I also have changed the grips on mine due to the Hogue's being to big for my small hands. I find the grips for mine off of ebay, they are made in Thailand by JARUWAN.P . A lot of people seem to like his work. They are the only one that I could really find that shortened the length of pull in the revolver. They take a little fitting but for the price they are well worth it. It takes about 2 weeks to get them after ordering because of overseas shipping. I really like them for the fit though, you might be interested in them.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
each pistol will measure different, if you look at the videos it will show you how to measure. i used a pair of .002 on sides of hammer and on the dog a used a pair of .008. the trigger was perfect.
Thank you for the information, enjoy your revolver!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts