Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
19 Round SR9 Magazines

I've been wanting to try the plus 2 extensions for a while now to add a little extra capacity to my SR9 so I finally grabbed a few. So far everything feeds 100% & they're a perfect fit. The new extension is 3/8" longer than factory & looks right at home with the olive drab/black of the pistol. Now my SR9 mags hold 19 rounds each, bringing total capacity up to 20 rounds with the chamber loaded. Two extra rounds may not be a lot, but that means a little more fun at the range between reloads.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nice, looks good. Is that by Mec-Gar?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Now that is pretty cool! Now yo have teased us what brand is it? Where did you buy it? How much did it cost? Inquiring minds want to know :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
They're Mec-gar plus 2 adapters. Factory SR9 mags are built by Mec-gar anyway so they're a perfect fit. Here's an ebay seller I've dealt with a lot over the past few years on gun parts. He always has great prices & good CS. Mecgar F42099 "Plus-2" Adapter for Optimum Series Mag
Thanks a million I have been looking on google with no luck lol. I book marked your link ..... I just check link and see it is E Cop as the vendor,, I have purchased from them before, Great Co. I will order 2 extensions Thanks again

Rich

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
What # is the SR9 Mag? Nothing on my mags! is Mecgar F42099 the one for our mags? Just want to be sure Thanks
F42099 is Mec-gar's part number for this adapter. They list it for Beretta/Mec-gar mags, but SR9 mags are also built by Mec-gar in Italy. The adapters will also fit some (but not all) Italian built SIG, CZ, Taurus, & M&P mags.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
F42099 is Mec-gar's part number for this adapter. They list it for Beretta/Mec-gar mags, but SR9 mags are also built by Mec-gar in Italy. The adapters will also fit some (but not all) Italian built SIG, CZ, Taurus, & M&P mags.
I found some reviews and several about using then on the SR9 mags..I ordered 2! I will also see if they fit my S&W 9 mm M&P Shield mags! If so I will grab 2 more!
Thanks again for the link and post! I will used them as range mags before I CCW with them!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If they made those for the SR45 I might consider getting one.
I did a review search on the extenders. They are not listed for the Ruger SR9 but are made by the Co. that make Ruger Mags.. Doing a review search from Midway I believe there were sever SR user posting,, Check they and maybe someone tried it on the SR45! Or for 13$ a cheap gamble!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looking forward to getting a few of these as I have 7 Mag's for my SR9. Also
Have an S&WSD9VE so I will look for those + exes. As well. Don't need em for my Beretta and Taurus' 92 guns as I have Ext Mag's for those....

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I own the same SR9. I bought it because it is soooo ugly, it has charisma. best 9mm I ever owned. thanks for the heads-up. interesting and useful.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I installed 1 tonight fits well,, I will shoot it tomorrow Thanks again

·
Registered
242 Posts
Will these fit the 10 round magazines? I would love to get two extra rounds for my SR9c as carrying with the 17 round magazine is just way too heavy for my liking...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Will these fit the 10 round magazines? I would love to get two extra rounds for my SR9c as carrying with the 17 round magazine is just way too heavy for my liking...
I do not have a SR9C but for 12$ a cheap way to try it! I doo not know if the SR9C and the SR9 have the same type magazine! If the SR9 mags fit then it should work! It will be interesting to see more info.. If you get one please post! FYI for now I will ONLY use that mag as a range magazine till I know it is 110% reliable! Will shoot it this weekend

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I do not have a SR9C but for 12$ a cheap way to try it! I doo not know if the SR9C and the SR9 have the same type magazine! If the SR9 mags fit then it should work! It will be interesting to see more info.. If you get one please post! FYI for now I will ONLY use that mag as a range magazine till I know it is 110% reliable! Will shoot it this weekend
I believe that the floorplates are not compatible between the 17 round and round SR9 series magazines.

Because of that, I wouldn't think that the extender for the full length 17 round mag would fit on a 10 round mag.

I just checked my mags. The 10 round mags attached to the baseplate via tabs that are bent inward while the 17 round mags have metal tabs on the outside.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I believe that the floorplates are not compatible between the 17 round and round SR9 series magazines.

Because of that, I wouldn't think that the extender for the full length 17 round mag would fit on a 10 round mag.

I just checked my mags. The 10 round mags attached to the baseplate via tabs that are bent inward while the 17 round mags have metal tabs on the outside.
Did not know that tabs were bent at a different angle! Good to know.. I assume you tries a test fit from your 17 round SR9 mag baseplate to the SR9C? You may have saved someone 12$ lol

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Did not know that tabs were bent at a different angle! Good to know.. I assume you tries a test fit from your 17 round SR9 mag baseplate to the SR9C? You may have saved someone 12$ lol

No test fit, just a close examination, plus once bought one of the full length 10 rnd mags for the full size SR9 and then put the short baseplate from a SR9C on it...

It would be nice to have a +2 baseplate for the 10 rnd mags.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts