Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Problem with fitting barrel on a friend's ria m1911 fs I have taken dimensions on everything referencing original barrel vs ed brown "drop in" barrel. Made the barrel hood the same length from locking lug as factory polished and slowly removed small amounts from Lower barrel link legs the new wilson slide stop pin was slightly larger than original so I removed quite a bit from that today because if I put my biggest punch through barrel link it will go into battery fully plus a small amount just asking for hints and tips lots of competent people on here so would love to hear your thoughts and opinions came with prefit barrel bushing and I did remove small amounts from the upper lug recess via sharpie trick am I missing something the hood is a few thousandths undersized from original at this point so i am weary of going further there if I slingshot or drop slide from slide stop it goes all the way home so I know I'm close it is just very sticky to pull back after like pulling pretty hard thanks for all the help ahead of time I appreciate this forum very much.
Brown Revolver Wood Trigger Tints and shades
Hand Wood Finger Wrist Auto part
Hand Wood Finger Wrist Auto part
Wood Gadget Microphone Tints and shades Writing implement
Revolver Automotive lighting Wood Gas Tints and shades
Automotive tire Sleeve Gas Automotive wheel system Font

· Registered
288 Posts
Problem with fitting barrel on a friend's ria m1911 fs I have taken dimensions on everything referencing original barrel vs ed brown "drop in" barrel. Made the barrel hood the same length from locking lug as factory polished and slowly removed small amounts from Lower barrel link legs the new wilson slide stop pin was slightly larger than original so I removed quite a bit from that today because if I put my biggest punch through barrel link it will go into battery fully plus a small amount just asking for hints and tips lots of competent people on here so would love to hear your thoughts and opinions came wil prefit barrel bushing and I did remove small amounts from the upper lug recess via sharpie trick am I missing something the hood is a few thousandths undersized from original at this pont so i am weary of going further there if I slingshot or drop slide from slide stop it goes all the way home so I know I'm close it is just very sticky to pull back after like pulling pretty hard thanks for all the help ahead of time I appreciate this forum very much View attachment 186796 View attachment 186797 View attachment 186797 View attachment 186798 View attachment 186799 View attachment 186800
All of that with no punctuation

· Registered
1,142 Posts
Problem with fitting barrel on a friend's ria m1911 fs I have taken dimensions on everything referencing original barrel vs ed brown "drop in" barrel. Made the barrel hood the same length from locking lug as factory polished and slowly removed small amounts from Lower barrel link legs the new wilson slide stop pin was slightly larger than original so I removed quite a bit from that today because if I put my biggest punch through barrel link it will go into battery fully plus a small amount just asking for hints and tips lots of competent people on here so would love to hear your thoughts and opinions came with prefit barrel bushing and I did remove small amounts from the upper lug recess via sharpie trick am I missing something the hood is a few thousandths undersized from original at this point so i am weary of going further there if I slingshot or drop slide from slide stop it goes all the way home so I know I'm close it is just very sticky to pull back after like pulling pretty hard thanks for all the help ahead of time I appreciate this forum very much.
Charlie, one thing I've found when fooling around with pistols and revolvers is "drop-in" parts seldom do. So all I can say is good luck.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In my estimation, the forum guru is @Iowegan

He is a retired gunsmith. My notation above will give him an alert. Or you can PM him.

He helped me with checking out a spare cylinder for a Vaquero I own.

There are others who can help too.
Yes he has been helpful on other posts I've made he consistently is useful

· Registered
501 Posts
Head over to the 1911 forum.

Plenty of folks there work on no-name 1911 and don't mind sharing stories. There's a couple of active smith's there as well.

You'll find some niche groups there that tinker with Tisas, and other budget 1911, do a little looking and asking, and I'm sure you'll find your tips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts