Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a proud papa of an SR1911, I had to get this when I saw it at Wilson Combat. (The pictures are from Wilson Combat's web site.)

It's fairly priced at $79.95 and I thought a beautiful way to show off my 1911. Yes, it does have the Wilson Combat logo etched on the glass in the lower right corner, but it's not obtrusive and if you're OCD about it, you could possibly cover it or add to it with a Ruger patch from shopruger.com. But Ruger's supply of small logo'd decals/stickers/patches is limited, at best.

I don't mind the Wilson Combat logo. Those who know what it is, usually respect Wilson and if not, just tell them they made the case! It's nicely constructed in Walnut and has a foam insert molded to hold a full sized 1911 and one 7 or 8 rnd magazine.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice case. Replace the glass would be easy.
Yeah, that's a good idea which I've thought about, but I'd screw it up if I tried doing it myself. A cabinet maker or glass repair person might be able to do it. And if you replace it with something unbreakable, it can be bolted down from the inside to deter a smash & grab.

The other display cases I found online cost WAY more than this one and I didn't think looked as nice.

BTW - the Wilson logo is placed directly over where the magazine lays and with my stainless steel finished mag, the reflection makes the logo virtually disappear.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Very nice looking! I've recently been making display cases for several of my pistols to hang on the walls. It's been easy to make, and only cost $18, but it's certainly not as cool as the one you posted. It doesnt' have the molded foam to fit the gun, etc, and it doesn't have the lid which lets you access it easily like yours does, but it gets th ejob done. Then again, mine is to put on the wall.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice looking! I've recently been making display cases for several of my pistols to hang on the walls. It's been easy to make, and only cost $18, but it's certainly not as cool as the one you posted. It doesnt' have the molded foam to fit the gun, etc, and it doesn't have the lid which lets you access it easily like yours does, but it gets th ejob done. Then again, mine is to put on the wall.
Those look great! You added some personal flair and spent $60 less! I wasn't that creative or inventive. I used my tried and true point and click method. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Wilson case is nice! As long as you keep an eye on it you can show it off without having non-gun people drop it, etc. and keep grubby fingerprints off it too.

The wall mounted cases are a great idea.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Main spring remove

Wow that is really nice. My only concern is that if a burgler happens to penetrate my home and inner defenses.........Security.
This display get moved to my safe when I'm away for any length of time, also the main spring has been temporarily removed from the revolver. It does have a lock on the case, but the glass could easily be broken. I plan on leaving these to my stepson when I croak.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These guys have some nice display cases. I used one for my service revolver
Wow! Wish I'd known about this place before I bought the Wilson one for $80! I did some google searches before I bought it, but the prices were going up, not down, with an average of $150 - more than I was willing to spend.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Very nice Guy's they all look real good.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
This display get moved to my safe when I'm away for any length of time, also the main spring has been temporarily removed from the revolver. It does have a lock on the case, but the glass could easily be broken. I plan on leaving these to my stepson when I croak.
Yes Sir, That's sounds secure and sensible. It is very nice.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
All look good, nothing wrong with the Wilson, looks very sharp.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.