Ruger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this Tisas Tanker 4.5" Gov. 1911 45 series 70. I want to change the sights but since I paid less than $400 for it I don't want to pay to have it done or buy a staking tool if I could find one in stock. So I went online and found this Army Technical Manual containing a drawing and instructions for a tool. Thought I would share the info for anyone interested.
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Wood stain

Template added in Post 13

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAD: I got divorced from my first wife 43 yrs ago. It was a teenage marriage that didn't work out but produced 3 great kids. Her brother was 6 months older than me and a year older than her. We grew up together and after the divorce her family still considered me part of the family. When I married my present wife of 40 years as far as they were concerned she became part of their family. We live about 200 miles apart. My oldest son lives near his mother, my daughter and youngest son live near me. My BIL comes down and goes fishing with me. My ex and her mother stay in my attached apartment when needed. Just one big happy family.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I made the staking tool. Sights are on the way.
Brown Wood Font Art Material property

I cut the pattern from an 87 GMC bottom leaf spring I had laying around.. It was already tapered from 1/2 to 1/4 inch. I like to use finger nail polish I get from the now Dollar Twenty Five Cents store for layout. Cut it out with a 3" angle grinder and finished it on the bench grinder and 2" belt sander. I hardened the anvil end. Threw a little paint on it out of habit.

This doesn't need to be complicated. The dimensions don't need to be exact. There is a lot of room for artistic license here. The goal is to line the striking point up with the front sight stake. I have attached a pdf from a cad drawing I did to convert the angular measurements to linear. Print at 100% actual size to use as a template

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts