Ruger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this Tisas Tanker 4.5" Gov. 1911 45 series 70. I want to change the sights but since I paid less than $400 for it I don't want to pay to have it done or buy a staking tool if I could find one in stock. So I went online and found this Army Technical Manual containing a drawing and instructions for a tool. Thought I would share the info for anyone interested.
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Wood stain

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Nice project. I'll be learning hands-on about the 1911 very soon.

Good luck - keep shooting.
The 1911 is a great platform. In .45acp or 10mm it is my own personal choice for those calibers. And .38 super. But I decided the whimpy 9 was a better choice for me. Shoot my brother in laws often though. For fun and practice.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAD: I got divorced from my first wife 43 yrs ago. It was a teenage marriage that didn't work out but produced 3 great kids. Her brother was 6 months older than me and a year older than her. We grew up together and after the divorce her family still considered me part of the family. When I married my present wife of 40 years as far as they were concerned she became part of their family. We live about 200 miles apart. My oldest son lives near his mother, my daughter and youngest son live near me. My BIL comes down and goes fishing with me. My ex and her mother stay in my attached apartment when needed. Just one big happy family.

·
Registered
Ruger Shooter
608 Posts
Did you just drop a hint on your next firearm purchase? 🤔🤐😉
Dad sent it back with my sister in TN; so when I get down there, I'll see what exactly I get. This is his last gun giveaway. I hope to get out and see him in CO next Summer before it's too late.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts