Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The wheel guns thread went pretty well. I wanted to start a thread on 1911s. I have a few guns up for auction and one of my houses will be sold this month so I’m on the hunt for some 1911s to backfill some space in my safe. I’ve sold off three of my 1911s in the last 2 months. I’d love to see what y’all have.

This is the road so far…

Pair of Metro Arms American Classic II 45 ACP in hard chrome. Think I paid like $600 a piece for these. Very nice for the money.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

S&W E-Series in 45 ACP.
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Wood stain

RIA BBR 3.10. This is an angry little gun. 10rds of .45 ACP, ported barrel and target sights.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Bought one of these online but hasn’t shipped yet. I’ll replace the pic when it arrives.

Kimber Stainless II in 10mm.
Vertebrate Air gun Mammal Grey Trigger

Some that are being replaced…

Laser etched Citadel Madagascars in 9mm. Sold one of these off in November and the other one is at the auction house right now.
Aircraft Vehicle Airplane Air gun Aerospace manufacturer

Sold off this Baby Rock 380 in November. I stripped it down when it was brand new and refinished it, lightened the trigger and set it up with some new grips. It was pretty awful when I got it. It was pretty nice when I let it go.
Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Style

·
"The Real Deal"
9,659 Posts
My one and only 1911, not that i don't want more but when i bought this i wish i had bought its siblings. Still want the Pro, and Ultra version of it. Would love a Kimber Warrior in black.

Kimber SIS Custom R/L no longer made
Trigger Font Bumper Air gun Automotive exterior

·
Registered
297 Posts
RIA makes a very good entry level 1911. Their Ultra series are very hard to complete with at their price range. I’m just not fond of parkerized guns. I’d buy more if they made a stainless version. They made the Citadels that I had. Those were nice pistols.
I’m not a big fan of parkerized guns either, but I got a great price on the Colt and RIA. I’m thinking of cerakote for the RIA, but I’m gonna leave the Colt alone, because I want to keep it original.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Luggage and bags Air gun Sleeve Bag Trigger

Air gun Trigger Sleeve Wood Everyday carry

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry

My two Dan Wesson 1911s. The Valor is a 45acp and the Silverback is a 10mm. Pics got a little mixed up, the Valor is all black. Two seriously sweet shooting 1911s. All Ive changed is different sights on the Valor and a different trigger on the Silverback and all Wolffe springs in both. Oh, and the slip on Wilson magwells which can be easily removed and the Challis bushings
The 10mm needed heavier recoil and mainsprings because it sees a somewhat steady diet of heavy 10's and both it and me love them. The Valor is from 2016 and the Silverback from 2018. Valor has seen about 3800 rounds and the Silverback is rolling up on 1400 rounds. Other than a few instances of the Valor failing to go fully into battery during the first few hundred rounds both have the guns have performed flawlessly.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts