Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited a 1956 Ruger Single Six with black handles. it has some wear on the bluing from the holster. Mainly on the end of the barrel. it is in good condition other than the bluing wear. i am looking for a value.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,427 Posts
gdewalt, Welcome to the Ruger Forum! You inherited a nice gun with collector value. Many changes were made in the first few years of production. In 1956, Ruger transitioned from a flat loading gate to a round one. Flatgates are more valuable, assuming the same condition. Speaking of condition ….. that's what really makes a huge difference in value. So …. it's pretty hard to give you a realistic value without knowing its condition …. rated in percent.

I have a 1955 vintage Single-Six (flatgate) in like new condition. It is valued at $800. Here's a photo:

I also have a round gate, made in 1958. It is valued at $600 in "like new" condition.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just picked up this nice 1957 round gate this weekend. Not in perfect shape - some holster wear - but quite nice for $300. The former owner bought it new and also threw in Heiser holster - likely purchased along with the gun.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just picked up this nice 1957 round gate this weekend. Not in perfect shape - some holster wear - but quite nice for $300. The former owner bought it new and also threw in Heiser holster - likely purchased along with the gun.
Pretty dang nice for three bills !

·
Registered
101 Posts
The revolver had been converted to the transfer bar - but came with the original parts. The conversion somewhat lowered the price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts