Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to my local shop to pick up a pistol that my wife bought and this one was whispering to me from the display case...1966 High Standard Supermatic Trophy M106. A new set of springs and some magazine adjustments and the only thing wrong with it is me!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
that's a fine piece of iron

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,654 Posts
Wow! What a good looking pistol. I've wanted a High Standard for many years. Congratulations on finding one.

·
Exchequer
4,481 Posts
That's pretty neat. Especially to find one in such good condition.

May I ask what it set you back?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Great pistol!

I'm a High Standard pistol fan and I have a couple 107s.

I like the older pistols with the color case hardened magazine release.

This one is a Hamden pistol that dates to July 1971:

My other one is an East Hartford pistol that dates to 1975-76:

They both shoot rings around my Ruger Mk I 678 Target and my Ruger Mk II 512 Target.

-----

Your magazine looks like an Interarmstx magazine. They are well made but I've been about 50/50 in terms of having to adjust the lips to get them to feed in both my 107s. A magazine adjustment tool is worth the money.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I went to my local shop last week to look at a S&W Model 41 but it was not at all what I wanted...then I saw a glint of gold in the display case next to me...I pick it up tomorrow! 1979 High Standard Victor! Perfect condition, original box and paperwork, too!

I have both Interarmstx and OEM Magazines...and the very first things I bought were recoil springs and the mag adjustment tool!

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
what a beauty! They're so expensive when I see them for sale, I may never own one, but I love them

·
Registered
128 Posts
My Dad left me his 107 Citation and I shoot it regularly. It has an amazing trigger. I have the original magazines and they have never needed any adjustment. I replaced the recoil spring four or five years ago.
As you probably have heard, you should avoid high velocity ammo with these guns due to the danger of developing a crack in the frame. There is a High Standard forum at Rimfire Central.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Dad left me his 107 Citation and I shoot it regularly. It has an amazing trigger. I have the original magazines and they have never needed any adjustment. I replaced the recoil spring four or five years ago.
As you probably have heard, you should avoid high velocity ammo with these guns due to the danger of developing a crack in the frame. There is a High Standard forum at Rimfire Central.
And, I've been a member there since I bought my first High Standard!
But, thanks for the tip!

·
Pony Soldier
8,483 Posts
Looks great, I have a weakness for 22s!

Greg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a High Standard Target model, well used, when I was in the service in Texas in 1966, Austin. Sold it around 1970 to purchase Browning Challenger. I still have the Challenger with 2 barrels. Nice gun, wish I had kept High Standard. It had tapered barrel with weights that slide a barrel for weight distribution and had a comp on the barrel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts