Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it took several years but I finally found a decent Security Six with the 2.75" barrel. For me that' s a bonus because I like short barreled revolvers. Won it yesterday at an auction. When it was all said and done with I paid $541.80. It's a 151 prefix and a serial number search shows it being made approximately 1975. Placed it next to my GP100 3" for the sake of comparison. You know people talk about certain Colts and Smith & wessons being hard to find, but I have had a heck of a time locating a nice Security Six...or a Police Six/Speed Six. This one took a few years. I've actually been saving up for one of the new Pythons, but I didn't want to let this one go so I dipped it into my savings. That's okay I can build it back up and eventually the 2020 Python will be around in large numbers. Unlike the Security Six.

Attachments

·
One Star
9,735 Posts
Congratulations very nice!

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I like it!

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
That's a handsome looking revolver. Nice score!

·
Exchequer
4,597 Posts
Congratulations on the winning bid.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
That is a nice Security Six.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Congratulations on finding that beautiful Security Six. It must have been worth waiting for. I just got my first Six Series gun myself and love it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
997 Posts
Congrats ! I have had my S/S Six 6" since new :) Somewhere around 76/77 !Love it still have it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the GP100, but the Security-six is a sharp looking revolver.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The grips are reproductions, but I like them and I think they complete the revolver.

Attachments

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
Security sixes were "working" guns and were used by police officers who had a choice in their purchase. My service 6 has many dozens of scratches and they add character.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts