Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,633 Posts
Impressive revolver!
1.) Both those pics give the feeling it's time for another firearm. Picking up the 1981 DW deserves congratulations. Nice pickup.
2.) Not wanting to offend anyone but IMHO these are some of the most superior revolvers ever made. Just my uneducated opinion. Thanks for sharing the before and after pic.
Good job!

·
Registered
560 Posts
They're great revolvers. I had a 4" that I let a friend talk me out of. I regret it to this day.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
A Dan Wesson has always been on my short list, it just hasn’t happened yet. Very nice.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
I regret not buying a large frame in 45 colt. They were not made in large numbers and no owner will sell except for crazy stupid money.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I had and it got away from me. I found this one and it is going to stay this time. That one is a very nice gun you got and nice barrel too. Now just a range trip to fully enjoy it.

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments on the DW. Jeepnut, that's a sweet DW you've got there. How long's that barrel? I've had mine to the range a couple times already and it's more accurate than any other revolver I own. I don't have another 6" barrelled revolver so maybe not fair to say. I was actually looking for an older 586 when I stumbled on this 15-2. The seller was asking $500. We settled on $300 cash and an old blasting plunger box I had collecting dust from my working days. It wore a Pachmayr "Gripper" when I bought it but I found a 1970's DW smooth walnut target grip it wears now for $18.95 on ebay. They have few parts internally and are extremely easy to completely break down and reassemble.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,950 Posts
That is one sharp revolver!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on the DW. Jeepnut, that's a sweet DW you've got there. How long's that barrel? I've had mine to the range a couple times already and it's more accurate than any other revolver I own. I don't have another 6" barrelled revolver so maybe not fair to say. I was actually looking for an older 586 when I stumbled on this 15-2. The seller was asking $500. We settled on $300 cash and an old blasting plunger box I had collecting dust from my working days. It wore a Pachmayr "Gripper" when I bought it but I found a 1970's DW smooth walnut target grip it wears now for $18.95 on ebay. They have few parts internally and are extremely easy to completely break down and reassemble.
My barrel is 8 3/8 inch. That is a great great deal you got on that one. As far as accuracy you are right in that they are accurate as anything. I have read on other forums and and a few reviews is that in competition the barrel tightness and spacing were checked. I usually check mine before when cleaning as does not take long and have never had it loose or need adjusting. I also think the wood grips look and function better than the Pachmayr grips. I have also shot some pretty warm loads and absolutely no issues.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Wish I'd bought one years ago with all the barrels and accessories. That is really nice .:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I bought one in 1981 or 1982 and had it for 35 years. Ended up giving it to my daughter when she was in a bad situation and felt like she needed a home defense firearm.

I replaced it with a GP100 and make no mistake, the GP is a great revolver, but it is simply not a Dan Wesson.

I know mine is in good hands and I like that my daughter feels safe with it, but sometimes I still miss it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts