Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was scrolling through the offerings on Lipsey's the other day and noticed they had a new #1B in 300 H&H Magnum listed. Called my LGS and got a price quote. Couldn't resist so I had him order it. Hope to have it by 1 August. Now I need to get some brass and dies to get a load worked up for deer season. Got some 168gr Nosler Ballistic tips on hand to start with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
wow! there's a buncha stuff there that wasn't last time I looked.

most of them have this disclaimer:
"This item is in the Lipsey's Catalog, but that does not mean that it is currently available. Please contact a Lipsey's Dealer to order. "

let us know if your dealer can order it for you!

Poole

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,856 Posts
What a cool rifle! A classic single shot in a truly classic caliber. Keep us posted. We will need pictures when it arrives.

·
Super Moderator
4,060 Posts
Congrats on your new rifle. Hopefully it will arrive real soon. I bought one a couple of months ago. I had to send it back to Ruger for a minor cosmetic issue with the fitting of the front sight but they took care of it and got the rifle back to me in about 10 days. I haven't had time to do any detailed range work but if it's like most 300H&H rifles it should be pretty accurate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There were 5 of them in stock when my LGS ordered it for me. I always call Lipsy's to check availability before I get my hope's up. Hope to have it around the 1st of the month. Going to go with a Leupold VX3i 3.5 ×10 that I have on hand.

·
Super Moderator
4,060 Posts
Great choice for the scope.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went to pick up my new rifle and it wasn't the gun I ordered. Ruger mislabeled the boxes and it was a #1S instead of a #1B. LGS called Lipseys and they said don't expect to get a 1B because of some issues so since I had cash in hand I walked out with a #1B in 257 Weatherby that I also had on the wish list. Maybe one day I will get the 300H&H in a model I like.

·
Registered
26 Posts
257 WBY will kill deer dead too. There's a 300HH for sale here locally but it's a little out of what I'm willing to pay. Been browsing GB in preparation for my wifes Christmas gift to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts