Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Handed down from my grandfather. Remington Scoremaster 511. Markings indicate mid 1940's vintage. Most accurate .22 I have ever shot.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
That is super cool!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Wow!! Nice vintage firearm. Be interesting to know its value I reckon.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Sweet!

A boy's first is always special!

Gary
I still have my first too. Just a single shot 410 but I wouldn't sell it for blood or money.
Means way too much in memories.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think it has much value to anyone but me. I saw one in a shop recently and I think (bad memory) he wanted about 175 bucks. I plan on teaching my grandsons to shoot with this gun.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
The first one is often the best one... it looks great!
My thoughts exactly! Congrats on retaining it...great memories!

I still have the 1st shotgun I was given...and the first revolver I ever purchased...a 6.5" Stainless Single-Six with both cylinders!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Great looking shooter.
And, history to boot..... ;)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Very nice. Those old Remmys shoot.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I still have my very first shotgun that I bought with my paper route money way back in 1958, it was an Iver Johnson 20ga. single shot Champion. Since that time I've completely restored it, and enhanced the color case hardened frame by having it brushed chrome finish, and re-blue the barrel and refinish the stock. Again it is worth more than I could ever imagine, but just to me.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Most excellent. Thanks for sharing. Nice rifle and happy to hear you are going to increase it's memories with your grandsons. That's the way to do it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. My grandfather called it a "Boy's rifle" and I thought that was the model most of my life.

What ya shootin' Don?

Why it's my Remington Boy's Rifle. :)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I have a Remington 512, same gun, but tube fed. My wifes' father bought it for her the year she was born, 1955. She gave it to me. Its in excellent condition, and has a grooved receiver. I understand most didn't have the grooves.

I have my first gun, a stainless Ruger Mark II Target, I bought it new in 1988, and will never part with it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts