Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put Leupolds FX II 2.5X20mm scope on my Ruger No.1H Tropical Rifle in .416 Rigby. First I bought the Leupold low Ruger ring set. No go..... The front sight is visible in the scope view. Next was Leupolds Med rings.........No go, same as above. Next was Leupolds high ring set. OK....no front sight visible in the scope, but the scope sure sits high........Leupold says that's common with low power scopes, just have to live with it..........I would like to buy the scope in whatever X power, be it 2.89X or 3.25X, whatever it took to get the front sight out of the scopes view and still be mounted as low as possible.....Any thoughts.............KERMIT

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Thats another reason i went with the 4x on my 77rsi.
Ony other option is to remove the sights and i don't want to do that.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,413 Posts
Low power scopes such as a 2.5X have a wide angle of view. There's no way to mount a 2.5X on a rifle without seeing the front sight. Even with a 4X and a high mount, the front sight will be visible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use a fair amount of fixed power scopes (4x and below down to 1x...but that one actually ends up being about 1.5x). I have learn to ignore the front sight....unless the scope has to come off....

Pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts